Estrella Mountain Church is a non-denominational church of around 400 people located in Goodyear, Arizona. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Director of Next-Generation Ministries. This will be our first full-time position focused on reaching the youth in our community so we’re looking for someone with strong entrepreneurial and evangelistic gifts.
QUALIFICATIONS OF The Director of Next Generation Ministries
- Christian Testimony – Commitment to the Christian tenets of Estrella Mountain Church. The Director of Next Generation Ministries must share a commitment to the gospel, values, vision and statement of belief of Estrella Mountain Church (EMC) as found in our Membership Documents.
- A Growing Disciple of Jesus Christ – The Director of Next Generation Ministries shall not be a recent convert, but rather a growing disciple of Jesus Christ as demonstrated by personal growth in the values of Identity, Community, Humility and Journey.The Director of Next Generation Ministries will demonstrate a commitment to professional and personal spiritual development through reading, seminars, workshops or continuing education programs.
- Commitment to a Life in Community – The Director of Next Generation Ministries must live in Estrella Mountain Ranch and participate in spiritual community and discipleship within the local body of Estrella Mountain Church.
Ministry Pursuits & Calling
- Pursuing God’s Call towards a life of Christian ministry. The Director of Next Generation Ministries should have a heart and passion for serving God through the local church.
- The Director of Next Generation Ministries must demonstrate a heart for people and an ability to represent the church and its mission.
- The Director of Next Generation Ministries must possess strong interpersonal skills to attract and capture the hearts of youth of Estrella Mountain Ranch (EMR) for Christ.
- 5+ years experience working directly with adolescents in a leadership capacity role such as teaching, coaching, and/or the creative arts with a specific focus in grades 7 thru 12.
- The Director of Next Generation Ministries must have an undergraduate degree completed or demonstrate a mastery of reaching and discipling youth.
- Gifted, passionate and called to youth ministry with a spiritual gift of evangelism.
- Youth missionary that will go out into the community as a servant of God to the families of Estrella Mountain Ranch. Possesses confidence and ability to reach the youth in the community that are not members of Estrella Mountain Church.
- Demonstrated Biblical fluency and ability in teaching youth.
- Demonstrated Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a personal faith journey.
- Preaching experience and music worship is beneficial, but neither are required.
- Understanding of age appropriate childhood development and stages of maturity.
- Candidate must pass a comprehensive background check to include, but not limited to:
1. State and federal criminal history check using the individual’s name
2. State and federal criminal history check using the individual’s fingerprints through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
3. Child abuse registry check (this may also be known as the Child Protection Index)
4. Sex offender registry check
- Candidate must submit a resume including past work experience and a minimum of 3 references.
ROLE OF The Director of Next Generation Ministries
The Next Generation Director will primarily focus on ministry to Junior and Senior High students and will oversee all staff and ministry to persons ages 0-18.
Collaborative development, coordination and progressive growth of age appropriate ministry programming for children (ages 0 to 18), which includes: Infant & Toddler Sunday care, Sunday School, Awana, Vacation Bible School (VBS), Jr & Sr. High Ignite and ultimately the Pre-school.
Meets monthly with Pastor of Spiritural Development for the purpose of reporting, planning and evaluation of ministry at Estrella Mountain Church.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF The Director of Next Generation Ministries
- Develops and implements the Next Generation Ministry Action Plan including mission, objectives, and activities for children (ages 0 thru 18). Propose expense budget. Establish measures of progress and report results.
- Assess performance of Next Generation Ministries and the leaders: Infant & Toddler Sunday care, Sunday School, Awana, Vacation Bible School (VBS). Jr. & Sr. High Ignite and ultimately the Pre-school.
- Recruit, conduct and monitor background checks and provide training for volunteers.
- Coordinate and approve vacation dates for all direct reports.
- Plans, organizes, and implements special youth services, retreats, camps trips, etc.
- Recruits and trains adult volunteers to assist in youth activities and special events
- Develops youth in becoming Christian leaders in the normal traffic patterns of their lives.
- Participates with youth on school campuses and other places where youth gather.
- Visits with families of children in the community and invites them into a relationship with Christ.
- Maintains regular contact with youth to assist in coping with the challenges of daily life.
- Works collaboratively with church leadership to coordinate youth activities in support of Estrella Mountain Church ministries and values.
- Advocates youth issues to the congregation with the objective of making the youth more visible to and involved with the congregation.
- Estabish a Next Generation lay leadership team to support Next Generation Ministries.
- Performs other duties as may be requested or required.
About Estrella Mountain Church
Nestled in the beautiful Estrella Foothills in Goodyear, AZ, Estrella Mountain Church is a non-denominational church of around 400 people. We are a covenant community built on four core gospel values; Identity, Community, Humility and Journey. We are excited to be hiring a full-time youth worker for the first time in our church's history!