Munholland United Methodist Church
1201 Metairie Rd., Metairie, Louisiana 70005
Youth Director Job Description
Position: Full-time, Salaried
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Dr. Jonathan Beck
The Youth Director is responsible for leading the Youth Ministry Team to pursue the Munholland UMC mission of “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”. We do this by helping youth connect deeply with God and other Christians, grow intentionally, serve joyfully, and lead courageously. The Youth Ministry is presently touching 15-20 youth per month, but has great potential for growth in this vibrant church of 300+ that has a regional draw. Emphasis is placed on continuing to develop, nurture and equip teams of volunteers to minister to youth and their families through various small groups, programs, and events. The Youth Director will work to build and sustain an environment that attracts and disciples youth.
- Deeply committed Christian resolved to live and model a godly lifestyle.
- Passion to facilitate the spiritual growth of youth.
- Flexible, dedicated, dependable, energetic and personally motivated
- Capable of effective, relevant communication with youth, families, volunteers and staff
- Solid Biblical knowledge consistent with United Methodist theology and practice
- Able to oversee, choose, prepare, and provide balanced age-appropriate materials and messages.
- Able to provide initial counseling with youth and their parents struggling with life issues. This includes understanding when the need exceeds their counseling capability and referring the family to qualified professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree or certification in Youth Education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Youth Ministry
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Invite, encourage & equip a volunteer team to effectively minister to youth.
- Coordinate with the youth Ministry Team and Program Staff to provide strategic planning and visioning: setting goals & direction, evaluating existing ministries and creating new ones.
- Provide a weekly event that exposes youth in all stages of the faith to the joys of life in Christ.
- Provide opportunities for youth to experience fellowship, evangelism, discipleship, worship and mission.
- Equip youth to make disciples and engage in the transforming work of Christ in our community and world.
- Attend Staff meetings to integrate Youth Ministry into the whole of MUMC’s ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send your resume to Dr. Jonathan Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Munholland UMC, 1201 Metairie Rd., Metairie, LA 70005
About Munholland UMC
Munholland UMC is a dynamic, inter-generational, mission-minded church in beautiful Old Metairie just outside New Orleans. It has been growing over the past year with many young families looking for traditional biblical values and strong teaching for their children and youth. Munholland serves a wide area, and the Youth Ministry draws from many public and private schools. The vision of the church is to help people connect deeply, grow intentionally, serve joyfully, and lead courageously in the name of Jesus Christ.