* Encourages the congregation through development of a spiritual life,
character, a personal life, continued training and attitude.
* Devote significant time in sermon preparation and the study thereof.
* Preaches all Sunday Services (except approved absences) with sermons that help to guide, equip and challenge the congregation to meet the needs of their walk with Christ.
* Create effective multi-media presentations (printed materials, power points, videos, etc.) to support preaching, teaching, training and leadership development.
* Pray regularly for the health of the congregation and the personal and
spiritual welfare of SFBC members.
* Oversees all employees of the church, working with the elder board to
develop and implement a staff supervision model that exemplifies
encouragement and accountability.
* Share pastoral care duties (weddings, funerals, visitations, etc.) as needed in cooperation with pastoral staff.
* Provide leadership development for the staff, ministry leaders, and others within the congregation.
* Provide motivation and encouragement to the staff and create an
atmosphere of openness and trust.
* Set aside time on a regular basis for theological and pastoral reading and study.
* Anticipate and plan for future additions/replacements for elder board and other staff positions.
* Work closely with Adult Sunday School leader to ensure content and
continuity of the teaching.
* Work in concert with the appropriate staff /volunteers to implement
worship services that reflect the church’s values without compromising
* Devote some time in kingdom activities outside the local congregation
including support for an involvement in mission and other activities that
demonstrate the broader work of Christ.
A Bachelor's Degree in Theological Studies or Pastoral Studies.
Five years of experience pastoral staff experience that included preaching and teaching on a regular basis.
Salary & Benefits
$50,000 - $55,000
Can be done remote?
THE FIVE PURPOSES OF SFBC:
Love the Lord with all you heart - Worship
Love you neighbor as yourself - Ministry/Service
Go and make disciples- Evangelism
Baptizing them-Into Fellowship
Teaching them to obey-Discipleship
Sierra First Baptist Church, a Bible-based congregation is seeking a full-time Sr. Pastor. We are located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe in a community of approximately 700 people. We are a small body of very active members and we make every effort to hold to our belief statement, “A Great Commitment, to the Great Commandment, and The Great commission, will grow great Christians and a Church” Matthew 22:36-40 and Matthew 28:18-20. We invite you to apply by submitting your resume via email at email@example.com.
Job qualifications and conditions of employment: Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in Divinity Science or directly related field. A Minimum five (5) years of pastoral staff experience that includes teaching and preaching regularly. Compensation will be provided upon request. We have historically considered bi-vocational pastors for the Sr. Pastor role. Additional details, including a detailed statement of faith and a detailed duty statement will be provided upon inquiry.