The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will embody and advance the vision and values of Anchor Church through overseeing all elements regarding the spiritual formation and discipleship of the Anchor community. By spiritual formation and discipleship we mean Anchor Groups, Anchor Community Nights, discipleship workshops and training events, discipleship initiatives and other things that would help the Anchor community deepen its roots in discipleship to Jesus.
Currently this role is for 20 hours/week.
This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
- To train Anchor Group leaders to effectively lead and multiply Anchor Groups
- To recruit new Anchor Group leaders to lead Anchor Groups
- To organize and oversee all discipleship and training gatherings that are for the Anchor Church community.
- Establish, organize and lead spiritual formation strategy in tandem with the Lead Pastor.
- Set weekly, monthly, and annual goals for leadership and for the areas of supervision
- Attend staff functions (meetings, events, staff retreats and trainings)
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or Christian ministry.
• A growing Christian faith and character.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• An understanding of and commitment to the mission of Anchor Church.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
About Anchor Church
A community of imperfect Jesus-followers living for the good of Tacoma and the greater South Sound.