Solo Pastor: Preach and Teach’ Love the congregation; Pray and visit the sick and home bound; Spiritually lead in reaching the unchurched; Equip elders, deacons, and members for works of service.
We place a high value on Scripture. We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired and inerrant Word of God and perfectly sufficient to equip us in our faith, service, and daily lives. Scripture is our ultimate and final authority.
· Pastor must have a seminary degree, experience is preferred.
· Our community has an ecumenical pastor group that meet to plan various community events such as Easter Holy Week Services. You would be expected to participate in this group.
· You will have responsibility to plan and lead worship services and administer communion and baptism, as well as weddings and funerals.
· We believe that the pastor should take a lead, together with the elders, in providing pastoral care to our members, especially during times of illness, hospital stays, or in care facilities.
· Administrative tasks include communicating meeting agendas to the Session, providing worship service agendas to the administrative assistant for bulletins, and maintain regular office hours in the church building as you oversee the work of the church.
· A key role of the pastor is that of equipping the members for their works of ministry. This begins with the elders and extends to all the members through the worship services and various avenues for biblical teaching.
About Aplington Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Please see our Church Information Form for details and to learn more about Aplington Evangelical Presbyterian Church: