Full-Time (Salary: $50,000-$70,000 plus benefits) Location: Southport, NC
The Beach Road Baptist family is looking for an individual who is passionate about the Word of God, reaching the lost, and equipping the saints for ministry. Beach Road Baptist Church is in Southport, NC and is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. We are seeking a theologically sound, gifted and experienced worship leader to join us in accomplishing our mission of making disciples.
We are looking for a skilled leader who can equip, recruit and rehearse a worship team. We need someone with a creative mind who can develop a worship experience enhanced by music, video and lighting.
Summary of Position
The Worship Pastor is responsible for conducting God-glorifying, theologically sound worship every week. He must recruit, train, attract and develop the worship team while shepherding them in the Word in preparation for the service. This is a full-time salaried position. The Worship Leader must be willing and able to assist in other church operations where needed.
• Plan and lead music and worship in the Sunday morning worship service in conjunction with the lead pastor
• Lead weekly rehearsals in preparation for the Sunday morning service
• Lead special services and/or additional services as required (i.e. Lord’s Supper,
Baptism, Christmas, and Good Friday)
• Recruit, train and schedule Praise team, Praise band and Audio-visual team for each
service. This person must be a team builder.
• Manage the Worship Ministry budget to include the purchasing, maintenance, and
replacement of all music-related equipment, supplies and instruments
• Oversee operation of audio-visual team.
• Seek to serve in other areas within the body according to giftedness
• Seek opportunities to build church members through prayer, hospitality, and
• Works with other ministers to develop a comprehensive method for outreach and
evangelism and church growth through worship experience
• Assist with other church operations as needed
• Meet the spiritual, personal and character qualifications of an elder found in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22
• Be a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to the Spirit for the sake of
guarding himself against sin stirring up his heart and mind to renewed passion for
• Seek to undertake his duties in the power of the Holy Spirit, undergirded with prayer,
guided by the Scriptures, and manifesting the character of Christ for the glory of God.
• Shepherd and disciple Worship and Audio-visual teams
Musical and Technical Qualifications
• Doctrinally sound with solid grasp of how Scripture informs worship
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Skilled instrumentalist and vocalist
• Must be able to lead music in at least one instrument and lead vocals regularly or
• Must possess a knowledge of music structure
• Competence in tech associated with music (sound boards, connections, etc)
• Competence with ProPresenter and Planning Center tools preferred
• Able to work with musicians of all levels and teach/develop others musically
• Ability to add creative elements (staging, lighting, etc) is preferred
• Audio/Visual technical skills
• Degree from a Bible College or Seminary preferred but not required
• Minimum of 2 years professional church experience leading music, choir or praise
Compensation based on candidate qualifications and experience. Range $50,000 – $70,000 yearly plus benefits.
Email Resume to [email protected]