JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Director of Discipleship will oversee the spiritual growth ministries for adults at Browncroft Community Church. This will include the areas of adult equipping and groups as well as the areas of missions, service, next steps, and congregational care. In partnership with direct reports their chief objective will be to create and sustain a training and mobilization pathway for adult discipleship in the church.
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
SUPERVISES: Adult Ministries, Missions, Serve, Congregational Care, and Next Steps
Leadership and Supervision
• Casts suitable vision and plans an effective adult discipleship strategy and next steps pathway.
• Oversees and directs adult discipleship programming and all related resources developed and deployed to support the ministry. This includes staff, volunteer, and budget resources.
• Has overall leadership and administrative responsibility for the ministry and works in close collaboration with the Executive Pastor, Senior Pastor, and Elder Board.
• Leads, manages, evaluates, and develops adult discipleship staff and holds them accountable to ministry objectives including direct supervision of Adult Ministries, Missions, Service, Next Steps, and Congregational Care ministry leaders.
• Responsible for strategy and execution of leadership development for direct staff and ministry volunteers.
• Interacts often, as requested and needed, with the Elder Board and Executive Staff to report on adult discipleship and to develop “cross-ministry” integrated programs.
• Assesses program performance, achievements, and results, and manage changes as needed.
• Develops and monitors individual professional development and ministry development plans in conjunction with Personnel Team, Human Resources Director, and Executive Pastor.
• Recruits, encourages, and prepares prospective missionaries from within Browncroft to deployment into the mission field in collaboration with Missions Coordinator and Missions Team.
• Communicates effectively and models how missions and service represent an indispensable aspect of each disciple’s fulfillment of God-given purpose in life.
• Educates and motivates Browncroft members to enable them to identify and use their gifts, talents, desires, and motivations to serve others and discern God’s call to mission work.
• Together with the Missions Team, manages the processes through which effective mission programs and initiatives are implemented, evaluated, revised, and discontinued at Browncroft.
• Together with the Missions team, evaluates the vitality and Biblical integrity of existing missionaries and Christian service organizations, both local and global, supported by Browncroft.
• Develops, plans, implements, and manages adult discipleship accounts within the Operations budget.
• Oversee and manage the Missions budget and fund in collaboration with the Missions Team and Missions Coordinator.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required in a job-related field or an equivalent combination of related work experience, training and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Suitable Bible college or seminary study and graduate-level achievement is preferred. Focused Bible study at the post-secondary-level (or an equivalent) is preferred.
• Previous experience in global missions preferred.
• Minimum of four to six years church-related ministry experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, smartphone technology, Internet and social media.
• Knowledge and ability to design and implement a Bible-based discipleship strategy for adults.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Excellent people skills and reasoning abilities.
• A demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff in meeting goals and deadlines.
• A demonstrated ability to achieve key objectives.
• A demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.