Student Pastor Requirements
1. Character and Heart
- A growing, evident relationship with God.
- A deep understanding of God’s Word.
- A person of outstanding character and integrity.
- Agree with the Doctrine and Vision of Carpenter’s Way Church
2. Education and Experience
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, Ministry, Missions or some related field is preferred.
- Full-time Vocational Student Ministry experience preferred. Part-time Student Ministry experience or currently serving in a volunteer leadership/ discipleship/ teaching role within a student ministry/ college ministry will be considered.
3. Skill and Passion
- An unmistakable love for students.
- A distinct Call to reach and disciple students.
- Have balanced approach to Student Ministry.
- A student of student culture.
- Outstanding communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate Truth in a way that students can grasp.
- An understanding and proficiency with Social Media.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Be teachable.
- An excellent adult team leader, motivator, encourager, and equipper.
- A creative, but Biblically centered programmer.
Student Pastor Responsibilities
- The Student Pastor will be responsible for the vision and implementation of all Student Ministry activities, grades 6th-12th including both Evangelism and Discipleship programming.
- The Student Pastor will answer directly to the Executive Pastor.
- The Student Pastor is expected to attend Weekly Staff meetings (Mondays at 9:30am) and Daily Staff prayer times (9:30am Tuesdays-Thursdays)
- The Student Pastor will oversee all aspects of 2nd Wind Student Ministry programming including Sunday Morning Bible Study, 2nd Wind Wednesday Nights, summer programming, camps, retreats, trips, etc…
- The Student Pastor is expected to be the primary Teaching Pastor within the Student Ministry,
- The Student Pastor is expected to teach the Truth of God’s Word, in a culturally relevant way without compromising Biblical Truth.
- The Student Pastor is expected to build, encourage, and equip the Student Ministry Adult Team.
- The Student Pastor Is expected to be actively involved with students in the community.
- The Student Pastor is expected to build appropriate relationship with students and their parents.
- The student Pastor is expected to support, encourage, and be a resource for parents.
- The student Pastor is expected to communicate regularly with the Staff, Student Ministry Team, Parents, and students through personal contact, social media, C-Way Digital Media, email, etc…
- The Student Pastor is expected to maintain appropriate office honors in order to effectively administrate, plan, study, etc…
- The Student Pastor is expected to encourage Student Involvement within other Carpenter’s Way Ministries and Missions.
- The Student Pastor is expected to set an example by displaying a Christ-Like Attitude in all areas of their lives inside and outside of the church.
About Carpenter's Way Church
Carpenter’s Way Church is located in the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas and is a place of new beginnings for so many people who have become disillusioned with organized religion. We are an Elder led church that seeks to be Biblical, Simple, and Real. We have an active membership of around 1000 with a weekly worship attendance of 450-500. We are actively involved in missions on a local, state, national, and international level both financially and personally.
We are seeking a Student Pastor to join our family