Job Summary: As Director of Contemporary Worship, this position provides leadership to Central’s contemporary styled worship services by assisting in designing the weekly worship services, leading music preparation and presentation, and coordinating media, etc. in order to create an atmosphere where the congregation is given the opportunity to individually and corporately offer themselves in worship to God. In addition to the expectation of active participation in the life of Central, is the expectation of continued musical and worship leadership development through lessons and continuing education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and communicate the overall vision for Contemporary Worship.
- Participate in weekly worship planning meetings and work with the pastors and contemporary worship team to coordinate elements of the worship service, whenever possible, with sermon messages and established themes.
- Attend weekly CUMC Leadership Team meetings.
- Recruit, audition and equip worship team vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Responsible to implement themes in a creative way in an effort to foster a sense of continuity of message and focus in each Sunday worship service.
- Ensure worship team has music resources needed for leading worship and are scheduled and communicated with appropriately for weekly worship services.
- Prepare and administer the Contemporary Worship Budget.
- Oversee or help fill all worship venues that involve contemporary worship, including weekly Sunday morning worship, Kids Life worship, and the Contemporary Christmas Eve Services.
- Work with Student Ministries worship leader to equip and empower student worship leadership.
- Work with Technical Director to help recruit Production Team members and coordinate lighting, sound, video, and stage set-up.
- Planning and executing Nights of Worship and other creative events outside of Sunday Mornings.
About Central United Methodist Church
Central UMC is located in the picturesque Ozark Mountains of downtown Fayetteville within a few blocks of the University of Arkansas campus. Central is one of the oldest churches west of the Mississippi having been founded in 1832. It has been part of the fabric of Fayetteville since its inception and is a growing and thriving church. Central is the largest UMC in Arkansas and each Sunday morning there are six worship services with two contemporary and two classic services at the main campus and two at the satellite campus. The church is noted for its local and international missions and outreach, spirit-filled worship, and outstanding family ministry.