Christ Church Otsego seeks an enthusiastic Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries with a passion for outreach and discipleship. Located in a thriving northwest suburb of the Twin Cities, we are a young, mid-sized, growing congregation committed to helping people discover a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We provide experiences where people grow in their faith, apply it to daily life, and make a difference in the world. We believe that our real mission begins when we leave the building and reach out to those around us in Jesus’ name!
The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries is responsible for the following areas:
Youth Ministry – Engages with youth and parents in the church and community on a personal and spiritual level; invites them to Christ Church, encourages them to put their faith in Jesus, and helps them grow in their relationship with Him.
Family Ministry – In coordination with the Pastor of Discipleship and Growth, develops a ministry to parents and empowers them in their role as the primary faith trainers of their children.
Leadership Development – Creates a process and culture of leadership development and growth for middle school & high school students, and adults, in order to foster a lifetime of stepping out as leaders for the kingdom of God.
Management and Administration – Manages and leads the Youth Ministries at Christ Church Otsego in a manner that contributes to fulfilling the mission, vision, values and goals of the congregation.
Personal/Spiritual Growth – Expresses a strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior that is a testimony of faith to Christ Church Otsego members, visitors, and to the communities we serve.
· Possess a strong, vibrant, mature, personal faith in Christ and knowledge of God’s Word
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· Views Youth and Family Ministry as a calling, not a job or a stepping stone
· Minimum of 3-5 years professional Youth Ministry experience
· Passion for outreach and discipleship
· Strong relational skills
· Positive, enthusiastic attitude
· Creative problem solver; shows initiative
· Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to stay up to date with technology and social media to communicate effectively with youth and parents
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Able to enlist others, develop them, and delegate
· Full involvement as a part of the staff team; operates with a kingdom mindset
· Relates well with parents and understands their needs and the challenges of raising children in our culture. Partners with parents.
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Financial trustworthiness and integrity
If you feel called to join our team, please email your resume, salary requirements and a letter of interest. Visit our website to learn more about our church at christchurchotsego.org.
Job Type: Full-time