Christ Community Church of Fredonia, New York is seeking a dynamic Christian leader to fill its lead pastoral position. While exhibiting a high degree of spiritual maturity, the Lead Pastor will provide vision, organizational leadership, and pastoral care. He will assume the primary responsibilities of teaching and preaching as well as leading all efforts for evangelism and outreach. The candidate must have a strong ability to communicate the Christian faith to people of different generational, socio-economic, and urban/rural backgrounds. The Lead Pastor serves in association with the Converge MidAtlantic conference and alongside Christ Community Church’s Elder Board.
· Lead the church with vision and strategic thinking
· Assume primary responsibility for preaching the gospel at church services
· Provide one-on-one pastoral care to members of the congregation
· Serve as a member of the Elder Board
· Develop, disciple, and lead other staff and/or volunteer ministry leaders
· Build partnerships with other churches and community organizations to further Kingdom work
Skills and Qualifications:
· A committed and mature relationship with the living God
· High standard of personal character, conduct, and integrity
· 3-5 years of leadership in a ministry capacity
· A solid biblical/theological foundation that aligns with the Baptist values and convictions of Converge
· Bachelors degree required; Master’s of Divinity or an equivalent degree preferred
· Excellent communicator and dynamic public speaker
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead members from diverse demographic groups
· Strong administrative skills
About Christ Community Church
Christ Community Church began as a home Bible study in 1986. Sunday worship services began in April 1988. The vision of CCC at its inception was to establish a foundation of small groups, contemporary worship, and relevant, expository Biblical teaching.
Christ Community Church is a multi-generational, elder-led church whose mission is to honor God by loving people as Jesus loves them.
The church body, averaging between 120 to 140 attendees each week, is active and committed both in serving and supporting financially. Sunday mornings include contemporary worship and teaching for children and adults. During the week, there are multiple prayer opportunities and small groups that meet to study the Bible, support one another and serve together. The eight-acre campus includes a modern well-maintained sanctuary and classrooms to accommodate a thriving, growing children’s ministry. The additional activity building includes space for church offices, a recently renovated kitchen, and space for adult Sunday school classes and church-wide gatherings.
Christ Community Church is located near the shores of Lake Erie in the historic village of Fredonia, N.Y., approximately halfway between Buffalo, New York, and Erie, Pennsylvania. The Chamber of Commerce describes it as “the best of both worlds,” offering both the charms of small-town life and the conveniences of bigger cities only 45 minutes away.