East Bay Area Church is looking for an experienced Director of Children’s Ministry who is passionate, personable, and flexible; to lead, guide, and oversee day to day operations. The ideal candidate will possess a significant and accomplished history of working in a children’s ministry leadership position.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of operation, including: attainment of educational goals through the continual assessment, development, and coordination of classroom curriculum; professional development of teaching staff; and accountable for compliance with all state child care licensing regulations and requirements.
Looking for someone who can add value and make improvements to a well-established high-quality program of eighteen years. More simply stated, “needing a strong and capable Director to compliment an already great staff that does an awesome job.”
Role Mission Statement:
The Director of Children’s Ministry is an architect for all programs and initiatives focused on the discipleship and evangelism of children (infant- 5th grade), while equipping families as the recognized primary and most important nurturers of faith.
Ministry Responsibilities Summary:
This position casts the vision and provides a practical framework for families and the congregation to the ministry of raising up the next generation of Christ followers. The Director of Children’s Ministry provides practical oversite, leadership and collaboration over the programming and curriculum development to children. This position mobilizes a team of paid and unpaid leaders to both communicate and relationally invest in the lives of families for the sake of bringing Christ’s kingdom to earth.
- Children’s Ministry staff and volunteer oversite
- Recruit, train, disciple and provide practical guidance to ministry partners serving in Sunday School, children’s clubs, camps and broader children’s ministries.
- Supervise childcare workers and the administrative assistant.
Resource Development and Teaching:
- Research, choose and implement biblically sound curriculum that is relevant and engaging for each age group.
- Provide material for the many children’s ministry opportunities from Sunday School, special events to the regular childcare program.
- Pick overall theme and curriculum for large scale VBS and several special events.
- Understand the big picture goal of making disciples and then create space for learning, worship and connection by enlisting, training and releasing a team of ministry partners to implement an engaging and biblically sound curriculum.
- Lead and teach in a variety of settings, large and small, to both children and families.
- Hire, train, support and oversee the efforts of the entire Children’s Ministry team.
- Recruit, equip and supervise Children’s Ministry paid and unpaid team members.
- Enlist the help of summer high school staff (Summer Children’s Ministry Team) and middle school volunteers to give student leaders the opportunity to grow in faith and ministry.
- Work to support all church ministry initiatives through presence and children’s programming support.
- Attend and support regular Sunday morning worship and special services.
- Work with staff to vision, plan and implement church wide initiatives and priorities.
- Work alongside Business and Facilities Director to address legal issues related to children.
- Oversee and manage Children’s ministry budget and endowed accounts.
- Oversee camping ministry and large initiative pricing and contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Description of Schedule:
Salaried, exempt, full-time; attend monthly meetings, some at night; is an active and committed member of the Church family including attendance in weekly Sunday worship.
Education, Experience & Training Required:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in elementary education, theology or related field and 5 years working with children in a classroom or other organized setting is preferred. Experience working within the church or other theological settings is preferred.
Personal Faith and Theological commitment:
- Strong personal faith in the triune God and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Joyful and harmonious personality.
- Humble spirit and a deep relationship with Christ.
- Concern and care for children.
- A spirit of playfulness.
- Strong optimist.