Category: Administrative full-time
· To initially work with a consulting firm to jump start our branding and strategy.
Reporting to the Business Manager, this exempt, full-time position shall have the following abilities and talents:
· A sincere interest and care for those served by the pastoral staff of First Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) and for the entire ministry of FEFC.
· Agreement with the doctrinal positions of FEFC as expressed in the EFCA Statement of Faith and core church documents (Constitution & Bylaws, Staff Handbook, Financial Policies & Procedures).
· Ability to properly speak, read, and write the English language.
· Ability to work well within a team ministry structure, as evidenced by relationships characterized by biblical unity and the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
· Ability to understand the goals of our ministries, programs, and events so ministry desires can be effectively communicated to the target audience in accordance with the vision, mission, and core values of FEFC.
· Technical and creative skill with computer design software such as Adobe Creative Suite; website development; printing processes; social media; and video production.
· Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
Duties as may be required:
1. Design various ministry and promotional pieces and oversee printing.
2. Develop and maintain FEFC social media presence.
3. Develop and execute communication to church family, e.g., weekly e-newsletter to possibly replace the printed bulletin and lessen the need for pulpit announcements.
4. Design Sunday Service graphics, e.g., announcement slides, sermon slides, videos, etc.
5. Create Sunday announcements, e.g., a welcome crawl or announcement video.
6. Manage sermon uploads, e.g., audio, video, and podcast formats.
7. Implement website design and maintenance.
8. Administer all signage so it is professional and consistent.
9. Develop and implement marketing plan for special events.
10. Develop a communication and media budget in conjunction with the Business Manager.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Preferred in Communications, Marketing, and/or Graphic Arts.
About First Evangelical Free Church
Our Mission statement is simple –
First Evangelical Free Church exists to guide people into becoming healthy followers of Jesus Christ.
As we pursue our mission, we want to see these six key markers developed in all ages:
We are a congregational church that has an Elder Board to provide directional leadership, along with Deacons and Trustees to aid the work of ministry both spiritually and operationally.
What We Believe
We are a church that is conservative and evangelical in our theology, adhering to the historic truths of the Gospel contained in the 66 books of the Bible. FEFC is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA), and we hold to the Statement of Faith of the EFCA which can be found by clicking here. We allow for humble differences in Christian understanding in non-essentials.
Since 1882 FEFC has been part of the fabric of a community known for hard work, solid values and family tradition. As a church – with our community – we have weathered challenging times, and enjoyed periods of growth.
McKeesport was still a borough when our church was formed in 1882. Fred Edquist, a young Swedish preacher, arrived and shortly thereafter held meetings under the banner of the First Swedish Evangelical Free Church. The first church building was located on Jenny Lind Street and was dedicated in 1884, seven years before McKeesport was incorporated as a city. As the church grew, the congregation built a new building up the street and dedicated it in 1907. Most services were still held in Swedish until 1946, when all services were held in English and the church was renamed The First Evangelical Free Church of McKeesport.
A final move to our present location took place in 1967. For 29 years the church grew under the ministry of Pastor Jack Kelly, who retired in 2008, but Pastor Jack still remains a part of our congregation and a Pastor Emeritus at FEFC. The church structure saw further additions in 1985 and 1996 to form our current campus of an auditorium that seats 800, a full-size gym, offices, classrooms, and multi-purpose large group meeting spaces.
Into the future, as in the past, our desire is to grow with and serve the community of McKeesport.