First Presbyterian Church is looking for a Christian Educator to join the leadership team! This part-time position helps equip the young and young at heart with faith development opportunities. We are looking for a creative, collaborative colleague to join us as First Presbyterian Church enters an exciting new chapter in their life as a downtown church. Learn more about our community go faith by visiting www.fpcmankato.org
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected]
· Plan and coordinate the educational ministry for the congregation.
· Plan, coordinate, and implement a program for the youth (middle and high schools)
· Act as a primary resource for the Christian Growth and Development Committee (CGD).
· Collaborate with Pastor and other staff in order to ensure an integrated and coordinated relationship is maintained between the Christian Education and Youth Ministry Program and other activities and ministries of the congregation.
· In conjunction with the CGD Committee, recruit, train, resource, coordinate, supervise, and support teachers and other leaders involved in Sunday School, Youth, and educational opportunities for the church.
· Conduct and maintain up to date background checks on volunteers working with the young people.
· Identify, access, and develop resources and new developments in Christian Education which can be used to enhance the ministry of FPC Christian growth.
· Effectively publicize and communicate information about Christian Education opportunities to the congregation and community. This included camps and conferences and opportunities outside of the church.
· In conjunction with the CGD Committee, develop and manage the budget for Christian Education and Youth Ministries. Seek approval of CGD for expenditures over $250.
· Ensure the development and implementation of special activities such as Vacation Bible School, Fellowship activities, retreats, and mission trips that will enhance the continued faith development of the church.
· Collaborate with Pastor for effective confirmation process, bible gifting in worship, blessings of graduates, and other worship activities that involve the young people in worship.