The Director of Contemporary Worship and Technical Arts is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship and music ministry of the contemporary worship service at First United Methodist. In addition the Director will also enhance the mission of the church through vibrant worship, technical arts, and special programming to include a/v support.
Oversight of the worship ministry includes but is not limited to leading our community worship; implementation of the church’s vision, mission, and strategy in the area of worship; crafting the themes for each service or sermon series in conjunction with the pastoral staff; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the church and community to use music and the arts for worship; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
– A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with God.
– Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
– Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
– Track record of success as a team builder.
– Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
– Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of Worship Ministry in a church with multiple worship services with nurturing talent in multiple age groups.
– Heart for the spiritual formation of those in our community, in the congregation and the worship ministry.
– Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
– Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, ProPresenter (or similar worship presentation software) and video projection.
– Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
– Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
– Fully support the mission, vision, and worship environment at First United Methodist Church.
– Must have strong vocal skills.
– Build the necessary teams to facilitate the functioning and growth of the contemporary service.
– Train and equip volunteers for leadership in the worship service.
– Plan the weekly worship service in coordination with the clergy staff.
– Direct all weekly rehearsals.
– Work with the contemporary worship leadership team to schedule band members, technology volunteers and greeters for weekly service utilizing Planning Center.
– Prepare the computer, lights, and sound for Sunday mornings.
– Create set designs for worship space.
– Set annual goals for the worship ministry, which are in line with the vision and mission of the church.
– Work closely with youth ministries to develop and assist in their worship services, specifically by assisting with the Youth praise band.
– Provide church wide support for audio and video needs
– Responsible for creation of videos for the church
– Assists with technical needs for funerals, weddings, and other special events as requested.
– Ensures adherence to all copyrights and licenses, working in conjunction with Director of Music Ministry.
– Communicate with and serve the congregation as a whole.
– Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
– Attend staff meetings and various other meetings as required regularly.
– Other responsibilities as assigned by the Pastoral Staff.
About First United Methodist Church of Prattville
First United Methodist is a vibrant, caring community of faith that seeks to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to both our community and our world. We invite you to join us as we grow deeper in faith together, worship the Living God, and extend our hearts in Christian love.
Worship at FUMC is designed to bring glory to God and to help those who attend to live worshipful lives throughout the week. All of our services, with inspiring music and helpful preaching, strive to help persons connect to God in life-transforming ways. Currently, our church offers two expressions of worship: our traditional services in the Sanctuary and a modern contemporary service in the fellowship hall/contemporary worship space (returning in Fall 2019).