Willoughby Hills Friends Church is located in Willoughby Hills just East of Cleveland, Ohio. WHFC is part of the Evangelical Friends Church Eastern Region denomination. Currently, WHFC Sunday morning services are in-person and online. Prior to Covid, Sunday morning in-person services averaged 900 people. The church is blessed with a 160,000 sqft facility utilized for church ministries and a Christian-based school (K4-12 grade).
Willoughby Hills Friends Church is seeking a Lead Pastor as their current Lead Pastor is retiring. The pastor shall have a theological belief that is consistent with Wesleyan Arminian and aligned with the EFC-ER Faith & Practice. WHFC is committed to discerning and following God’s plans, loving God with our whole heart, loving our neighbors as ourselves, and being an Acts 2 church. We are looking for the Christ-centered individual that God has called to lead us as we enter this next season of ministry. The Lead Pastor should have the leadership qualities called out in Titus and 1 Timothy 3:2-7, the spiritual gift of preaching and teaching, a heart for those that do not know Christ, a passion for spiritual growth, a desire to make a Kingdom impact within and outside the church, an ability to work with the church (elders, staff, congregation) to sense and execute on Gods vision and plans.
- 10 years of ministry experience teaching, preaching, and leading.
- Theological beliefs consistent with Evangelical Friends Church Eastern Region (Wesleyan Arminian).
- Demonstrated leadership at growing successful ministries.
- Demonstrated leadership at growing and working with external partners.
- Demonstrated teaching and preaching that can speak to anyone regardless of where they are at on their spiritual journey. The ability to speak as the Holy Spirit is leading to encourage and challenge everyone.
- Strong biblical knowledge, old and new testaments, and an ability to make it relatable.
- Understand how to effectively operate within a church organization.
- Preferred Master’s degree in Bible, Theology, or Ministry.
- A strong relationship with God through the Holy Spirit.
- A person of prayer and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- Above reproach, faithful, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, not given to drunkenness, gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
- Ability to be God’s servant and help others accept God’s salvation and live a transformed life.
- Ability to connect with current WHF church and relate to future WHF church.
- Ability to sense God’s will for the vision for WHFC to make a kingdom impact.
- Ability to effectively work in unity with elders, staff, and congregation and as necessary restore unity.
- Possess a strong reputation within family, church, community to be a leader people will follow.
- A person of wisdom, emotional intelligence, servant leader, and effective communicator.
- Strong passion demonstrated by God inspired plans, strong work ethic, and good execution.
- Passion for establishing ministries and programs that builds a stronger and larger church family.
- Passion for being a good steward of WHFC’s resources to make the largest kingdom impact.
- Ability to be sensitive to cultural and political influences and take an appropriate Biblical stance.
- Ability to build relationships with Christians and non-Christians to make a kingdom impact.
Submit the following information to [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Personal statement of faith
- 3 Professional & 2 Character references
- 3 Video links of you preaching (one or more from the church where you worship)
- Statement explaining your approach for addressing hard topics with grace, wisdom and courage
Create a 5 minute, unlisted YouTube video explaining your story (start the video with stating your name). See instructions below for uploading an unlisted YouTube video.
About Friends Church, Willoughby Hills
Love Jesus, Live Like Jesus, Lead Others to Jesus!
Our Core Values
- · God’s Word
- · Dynamic Prayer
- · Transformed Lives
- · Authentic Diverse Community
- · Generous Giving
- · Effective Outreach
The Evangelical Friends Church does not advance new teachings or doctrines. Instead, we seek to rediscover New Testament teachings and apply these age-old truths to our lives. As Friends, we believe:
· God is our Father
· Jesus Christ is “the Word made flesh” for us
· The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, Strengthener, and Guide
· The Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by Him
· A person receives forgiveness through repentance for sins and belief in Jesus Christ as Savior
· The mission of the Church is to communicate the Good News of Salvation to people everywhere
The Friends Church began in 17th century England, under the leadership of George Fox, a man who experienced a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and his heart was filled with joy. From this experience, the central conviction of Friends was born as he shared the message of Jesus Christ with great hope and joy. The number of Friends (also called Quakers) grew rapidly.
Before long, many came to the New World and soon there were thousands of Friends in America. In 1681, the colony of Pennsylvania was founded by William Penn, a prominent English Quaker. Historians have labeled the Quaker Movement from 1650 to 1690 as the fastest-growing movement in the Western World.
As Friends moved across the country, some settled in Ohio. By 1812, the Friends in Ohio had united to form the Ohio Yearly Meeting of Friends. In 1971, Ohio Yearly Meeting became known as the Evangelical Friends Church – Eastern Region (EFC-ER), of which Friends Church, Willoughby Hills actively participates. The EFC-ER participates with a larger group known as Friends Worldwide, Evangelical Friends International-North America (EFI-NA).
If you want to learn more about the EFC-ER, visit efcer.org.