The Worship and Creative Director of Friendship Church (Friendship) is responsible for planning the weekend worship services, youth worship services, as well as other worship events. This position requires a heart for Jesus and a heart for growing His church through leading people in worship. This role will require a constant pursuit of excellence both on and off stage, steady growth as a follower of Christ, shepherd of people, and musician/worship leader. In addition, he/she will manage the creative elements of Friendship, including our media (digital, social and print) presence, video production and technical needs.
Friendship is located in the Lugoff area of Kershaw County in South Carolina but attracts people from the entire county and other surrounding counties. It has become a regional church. Situated only 20 to 30 minutes from Columbia, the state capital, the area is the fastest growing and most affluent in the county. Many people seek to move to this area due to lower taxes and a great school system. With a thriving economy, many commute for work which causes the unemployment rate for the community to be very low. It is an easy commute to Columbia, the University of South Carolina, Fort Jackson Army base and Shaw Air Force base.
The Kershaw County School District consists of 20 public schools. KCSD students have average test scores of 54% which is 16% higher than the South Carolina average and 9% higher than the national average. The University of South Carolina is located a short drive away and offers many opportunities for jobs and additional education. There are numerous other two and four year, public and private, post secondary campuses in the area.
Just a 30 minute drive outside of Lugoff, Sesquicentennial State Park is a natural sanctuary that offers visitors a place to fish, boat, hike, and camp or spend the day relaxing. Lake Wateree with it’s opportunities to fish, boat and camp is only a 20 minute drive. One can be at the beach or in mountains with in a 2.5 hour drive making it very easy for day or short weekend trips.
You can enjoy a lifestyle in Kershaw County like no other. There is plenty of opportunity for pleasure when the workday is done as museums, concert halls, and theatres are minutes away and bring the arts to life. Spending time outdoors will take you to lakes, zoos, golf courses, national parks, hiking and biking trails. Kershaw County is rich in history dating back to before the Revolutionary Wary. And a two hour drive gets you to the beach or to the mountains.
– Demonstrates commitment to spiritual growth by spending regular time with the Lord.
– Participating in a Friendship Life/Small Group on a regular basis.
– Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
– Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
– Support the ministries of Friendship by faithfully giving a tithe.
– Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Friendship employees.
– Prepare and coordinate upbeat, lively progressive worship gatherings and ensure the addition of new and relevant worship songs/elements in our services.
– Cast vision, monitor, and influence the musical direction of Friendship to ensure it reflects the vision, values and goals of the church
– Recruit and train band members and vocalists who will participate in our weekend and student worship services.
– Ensure that overall all worship services are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure and design.
– Assist with planning special worship services such as Christmas Eve, Easter, and other special programs as assigned.
– Will oversee set design, video production, service timing, graphic design, consistent branding throughout worship, media and building.
– Create and manage systems/processes to work with all team members to develop a series from idea to implementation.
– Recruit and empower volunteers to serve for scheduled programs.
– Maintain a strong network of relevant professionals (worship leaders, musicians, technical engineers, graphic designers, web developers, etc).
– Meet weekly with Lead Pastor and/or Executive Pastor to critique prior weekend service and plan future weekend service. Meet with the Student Pastor to critique youth service.
– Facilitate brainstorming sessions to generate fresh ideas and creative elements for service programming.
– Interface with communicators to ensure a consistent message is being told in program details, i.e. music, video, offering, announcements, etc…
– Participate in weekly service meetings to plan and coordinate music, video and other program notes and assets.
– Develop systems to create detailed service plans at least two weeks prior to the event date including musical, technical, video, and other programming needs.
– Lead regular evaluation and critique sessions to maintain a high standard of excellence and monitoring the impact of service programming.
– Assist with maintaining a high touch ministry.
– Provide leadership and input regarding development, approval, managing and implementation of annual Friendship budget for areas of responsibility.
– Participate and assist in events to foster community relations and outreach.
– Develop the people, philosophy, systems and deadlines related to the video, graphic and technical elements of Friendship.
– Produce creative and effective graphics.
– Produce effective in-service videos including drafting concepts, scripting, video shoots, editing and post-production.
– Strategize creative tactics to use video, and other digital media, to promote and send the messages Friendship wants to communicate to the church and the world.
– Oversee the audio, lighting, and video technology for Friendship including maintenance, programming and purchasing.
– Facilitate the planning and implementation of social media communication.
Reports to Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor
Interested parties are to submit resume AND link to various videos of you leading worship. Submissions not including a video link will not be reviewed. All submissions should be sent to [email protected] Please do not contact the church. We will follow up with qualified individuals.
About Friendship Baptist Church
Friendship Baptist exists to see our community changed by the good news of Jesus one life at a time. We desire to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We don’t exist for ourselves.
We are an other-centered church that exists for those that are not here. Because of that, we strive to be relevant by making the timeless truths of Christ understandable and worshipping Him in a contemporary manner.