Position Purpose: Lead the congregation’s musical efforts to grow in Christ
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for musical presentation at all regular worship services, on Saturday evenings (contemporary), and Sunday mornings at 8:30am (traditional) and 10:30am (contemporary).
· Plan, organize and successfully lead all musically related efforts to engage the congregation in authentic, passionate worship experiences. In coordination with the pastoral staff, ensure the successful planning, development, and implementation of meaningful and thematic worship experiences. Beyond regular worship services, musical events would include Vacation Bible School, funerals, weddings and seasonal concerts.
· Recruit and develop the musical talents of the entire congregation, with the goal of growing HUMC’s music ministry. This would include children’s choir and youth band.
· Plan, rehearse, and ensure the successful performance of quality musical worship experiences, including chancel choir, praise band, soloist, small group and guest musician efforts, to include necessary coordination with technical support.
· Coordinate the efforts of contracted musical staff, volunteers and support team.
· Manage the contract musicians budget.
· Actively seek and implement special musical experiences, including guest musicians in normally scheduled worship services and musical events outside of normally scheduled services.
· Coordinate and provide leadership to children’s musical experiences within the life of the church.
· Manage the music budget. Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Provide additional support to the Senior Pastor, as needed.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position requiring work during Sunday mornings. Specific work hours to be negotiated at time of hire.
· Minimum 5 years prior experience in positions of musical leadership in a sacred setting
· Able to create and lead both traditional and contemporary services
· Experience in performing traditional hymns and contemporary music
· Proficient on piano/keyboard
· Ability to form and conduct a choir
· Ability to form and lead a praise band
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Must be reliable, responsible and dependable
· Ability to build and inspire a team
· Treat co-workers, congregation, visitors, and children with respect and dignity
· Commitment to the mission and vision of Huntersville United Methodist Church
· Bachelor’s degree in Music
Accountable to: HUMC Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), Senior Pastor
Interested Candidates: Please submit a resume to [email protected] with “Director of Music Search Committee” as the subject.