Associate Pastor – Transitioning to Senior Pastor
Overview and Opportunity
The associate pastor will work in a highly collaborative role with the senior pastor and elders-overseers in providing biblically oriented leadership that engages all generations in our mission. Initially, the associate pastor will have responsibility for and provide oversight to the CE, the children’s, and the youth ministry teams, working closely with these ministry team leaders and associated personnel. It is Little Flock Fellowship’s purpose and objective that this person will grow into expanded responsibility, integrate into our body life, and foster a strong connection with our fellowship, developing into our senior pastor in approximately 2 years.
This role requires strong organizational and mentoring skills for the development of leaders and effective ministry teams. It also requires a deep dependence on God and an open mind regarding how we reach lost souls and bring them into relationship with Christ.
• Initially, help the CE, children’s and youth ministry teams effectively grow and disciple/mature our young people
• Provide mentoring to ministry team leaders, initially focusing on the children’s and youth ministry teams
• Connect with the church body and eagerly engage with members and new attenders
• Prepare and deliver sermon messages on a semi-regular basis (about 10-15 times per
• Provide perspective to overall church operations as an active member of the board of
Skills, Character, Experience
• Senior Pastor level maturity in Christian faith
• Fully aligned with Little Flock’s Statement of Faith and Biblical Worldview (posted on web:
• Commitment to a literal, historical and grammatical approach to interpreting Scriptures,
with an understanding of the distinctions of the Church, the Jews, and the Unbelievers
• Outreach minded with a natural desire to get engaged in the local community and attract
new families and members to LIttle Flock Fellowship
• Strong team player orientation, one who is humble and not about self. One who knows
how to get along with people, but is not afraid to be a leader
• Proven experience in successfully mentoring adult ministry team leaders and team
• Ability to work with people to develop creative and inspiring plans that help fulfill Little
Flock’s mission and objectives
• Strong passion for children and youth, but also for the senior saints who have built this
• Extroverted and approachable demeanor; natural chemistry for connecting with people
• Demonstrated competency in effective communication (1 on 1, small groups, and large
• Three to Five years of experience as a pastor in the local church
• A completed degree or seminary diploma in ministry is preferred
Non-Denominational – Baptistic/Bible Church – Blended services, with a Word-centered focus
125 – 150
About LIttle Flock Fellowship Church
Little Flock Fellowship Church is a Christ-exalting church located in rural central Ohio. The church presently has about 125 active participants including multiple generations. The church sees its mission as bringing people into relationship with Christ and one another. The church has just celebrated 35 years of having been sustained by God in proclaiming Christ as our Lord and Savior.
Little Flock Fellowship Church was founded in November of 1982 (At Thanksgiving) by a group of believers with a common desire to have a community church, strongly centered about Biblical teaching and personal faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Our simple desire is “To Know Christ and to Make Him Known.” This we strive to do through times of corporate worship, study, fellowship, testimony and prayer (Acts 2:42). The churches present senior pastor is working with the elders-overseers in implementing a succession plan for the next senior pastor.
The church’s unique thumbprint is centered around several key values that drive the work of the ministry.
These values are listed below, though not all-inclusive:
STRONGLY WORD-ORIENTED. Little Flock has been committed to the Word of God as it’s very life and lifestyle. It has not not equivocated on issues of inerrancy, sufficiency, perspicuity, depth or practicality of the Scriptures. This attitude permeates and affects all layers of the church family, with the corresponding atmosphere of the all-sufficient power of the cross in the context of God’s redeeming grace.
A WARM FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE. This church has demonstrated an acceptance of persons, irregardless of race, culture, background or social status. Dress and atmosphere have been casual (and one might say insignificant), with a down-to-earth feel. The smallness of the church lends to it a friendly, family, community type of place. The simple wooden offering box in the back characterizes this church as a welcoming emblem to all, non-manipulative, and encouraging a faith that is real and from the heart.
THE PRAYER EMPHASIS OF THE CHURCH. The mid-week emphasis of prayer is appreciated and vital, but so is the attitude of prayer that permeates the hearts and lives of many of the people of Little Flock throughout the week and in everyday life. Prayer is an emphasis and vital expression of this church. Prayer here, is not preparation for the work, it is the work.
THE MANY ACTIVITIES OF THE CHURCH. Something is available for all ages, and the church displays a continuing desire to reach out with the Gospel to all those she meets. There are many activities for persons who desire to be involved with.
THE IMPORTANCE OF UNITY AND ONENESS IN CHURCH. We cannot help but thank God for the unity presently displayed, and in the corresponding lack of strife and arguing. Genuine peace-giving faith and devotion to Christ seems to be displayed in everyone. Many in the church have been very upright in character and have been sterling models of the life of Christ to others.
AN APPRECIATION OF THE NATION OF ISRAEL IN GOD’S ECONOMY. While God is presently working with Jew and Gentile in the entity known as the church, we also strongly support the future promises of God to the Jew and the nation of Israel. We evidence this belief by support of various Jewish ministries who have hearts for reaching the Jew with the Gospel of their very own Messiah.
• The salary is negotiable depending on experience
• Benefit package is also negotiable/adjustable depending on needs of pastor
• Medical concerns/package will be addressed
• Ample vacation time will be included in package
• Elder-Overseer Board will be open to concerns, needs, and specifics of applicant
We believe the next chapter for LIttle Flock Fellowship Church is an exciting one. We also believe, and understand, it to be a time of significant change. The church understands the need for a godly leader who is a lover of God’s inspired revelation, a leader who is willing to embrace God’s Vision for this church and lead us into the next chapter God has, who can pick up a new generation to unite with the old in a fresh vision for what God has called His church.
About Little Flock Fellowship Church
Little Flock Fellowship Church was founded in November of 1982 (At Thanksgiving) by a group of believers with a common desire to have a community church, strongly centered about Biblical teaching and personal faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Our simple desire is "To Know Christ and to Make Him Known." This we strive to do through times of corporate worship, study, fellowship, testimony and prayer (Acts 2:42). The churches present senior pastor is working with the elders-overseers in implementing a succession plan for the next senior pastor.