Are you passionate about seeing people live out their God-given purpose? Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get people to Jesus? Do you have a passion for raising up the next generation of leaders in the Movement of Christ?
MetaChurch is looking for a high-capacity leader to join our team. Our goal is for children and students to have a place where they can belong and encounter life-changing truths of Scripture. This position must be passionate about the gospel and finding unique, age-appropriate ways to share the truths of scripture.
MetaChurch does not currently have a functioning youth program and the Next-Gen Pastor would be responsible for getting one up and running at a high level. They will also oversee our MetaKids team at both MetaChurch locations.
Structure: Reports to Lead Pastor
- Oversee MetaKids program (0-6th grade) enabling efficiency in process and volunteer management/retention at both MetaChurch locations.
- Provide high-level accountability to all direct-reports and volunteers.
- Build MetaYouth program from the ground up. Create systems and processes, recruit and train volunteers, and set up student strategy in conjunction with Lead Pastor.
- Ensure that all Next-Gen programs are in alignment with the overall MetaChurch vision and strategy.
- The Nex-Gen Pastor will be a part of the Executive Leadership team of MetaChurch, speaking into all matters of organizational functions and engaging to help solve tensions and explore opportunities across all areas of the ministry.
- Manage a yearly budget for all areas of responsibility.
- Have a passion for ministry to children, teens, and families.
- Communication skills at all levels from one-on-one to an auditorium setting.
- Be willing and able to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives.
- Have a high level of integrity and the ability to gain trust and hold confidence.
- Hold a high level of Biblical knowledge and a willingness to grow in theological depth and communication skills.
- Have strong conflict resolution, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Be a builder who draws kids and families to participate in the life of the church.
- Be enthusiastic about MetaChurch’s approach to ministry as well as our mission, vision, and Free-Grace theology.
- Willingness to go through a pastoral-care process, be trained on that process, and then use it as a template for pastoring others through difficult times.
- 3+ years of ministry experience.
- Seek God – We are intentional about prayer, Scripture study, meditating on the Word, and practicing spiritual disciplines.
- Believe the Best – Every interaction presents the choice to Assume the Worst or Believe the Best. We choose to Believe the Best which leads to a healthy work environment and helps us learn to treasure our co-laborers.
- Evaluate Everything – We continuously look for outdated methods, failing approaches, struggling co-workers, and untapped resources. It is the responsibility of every employee, no matter what position, to speak up when they have an evaluation.
- Empty the Bucket – A vulnerable staff is a powerful staff. We have the hard conversations. We “empty the bucket” meaning we leave nothing unsaid.
- GSD – We Get Stuff Done! We do not punch time cards or check seats. We do what we need to do to get results! We have THE most critical mission in the world and we will work HARD to push it forward.
- Lead out of Your Marriage – Our families will not suffer because of our job. We will not blame “God’s work” for poor stewardship of our marriages. We do not believe in work/life balance. We believe in life and life to the fullest! Lead your family THEN lead the Church.
We love to have fun, do not take ourselves too seriously, take our mission VERY seriously, hold our work to extremely high standards, focus on creative ways to spread the gospel, and love the people we serve with everything we have got! If MetaChurch sounds like a place where you could go all-in to help as our Next-Gen Pastor, send us a resume and we will get back to you ASAP!
See Website for More information and previous sermons