Mililani Baptist Church (MBC), located in central Oahu, Hawaii is seeking a full-time Worship Pastor. MBC is a Southern Baptist church with a Sunday morning worship attendance of approximately 250 adults and children. We offer a traditional worship service, including a choir, and a contemporary service with a praise band. Membership consists of a diverse multi-cultural body of believers comprised of local residents and military service members. Our church has a strong focus on discipleship and mission outreach on both local and global levels. A pastoral candidate should be passionate about their faith and willing to work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor for strategic guidance on integrating worship into the various church ministries. There will also be periodic opportunities to preach. This individual will work in close coordination with the Senior Pastor to establish a cohesive spirit of worship throughout each of our Sunday services and various church ministries.
- Consult with the senior pastor in establishing distinctively styled Sunday morning services and special events.
- Lead and direct the worship at regular and special services, utilizing worship teams and/or a choir.
- Oversee an adult choir through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training, and spiritual nurture.
- Oversee an adult praise team through recruitment, rehearsals, musical training and spiritual nurture.
- Plan and conduct Christmas and Easter cantatas, including a bell ensemble; special events throughout the year may include a children’s choir.
- Enlist talents within the church to participate in the music ministry.
- Oversee the development of “artistic expressions of worship,” where they fit stylistically.
- Supervise, coordinate, and train sound technicians, lighting technicians, computer technicians, and video technicians to enhance the worship experience.
- Develop evangelistic outreach strategies thru music to reach our surrounding community.
- Prepare and present necessary budgetary matters related to this ministry.
- Attend weekly staff meetings for prayer, encouragement, calendar planning, ministry implementation and evaluation.
- Work with the appropriate committees and staff members to carry out the worship/music ministry and the overall mission of the church.
- Provide support and expertise for concerts, musicals and special evangelistic efforts.
- Assist the senior pastor in other ministry duties, to include preaching on selected occasions.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications noted in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Have an evident calling, quality training, and sincere passion to minister to the church through worship
- Have the ability to work effectively with the senior pastor, staff and volunteers with genuine love and concern
- Be able to discern, analyze, and wisely resolve ministry issues
- Be detail oriented, flexible, and decisive, with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, delegate, build consensus, and meet deadlines
- Ability to sight read music and play piano, preferred
- Ordained Minister
- Agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message (2000) of the Southern Baptist Convention
- College degree; Seminary degree preferred
- Experience in church worship/music ministry including worship leading
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidates who have prayerfully considered this position should submit resumes along with a cover letter highlighting their multi-cultural experience by email to [email protected]