Position Description: Director of Student Ministries (details of how to apply on last page)
Mud Creek Baptist Church (www.mudcreekchurch.org)
Hendersonville NC 28739
POSITION SUMMARY: This individual has a heart for Jesus Christ, is thoroughly evangelical, focused on discipleship and has the desire and ability to build a engaging and excellent environment where students from 6th grade through 12th grade learn and grow in God’s love. This person is responsible for the development and implementation of a robust educational and discipleship ministry for students grade six through grade 12.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership and Vision Setting:
● Develop and assess vision and goals for ministry along with ministry partners and stakeholders.
● Plan, promote, implement and evaluate Christian education programs for students, 6th grade through college-age.
● Work closely with church leaders (including staff, lay leaders, and ministry leadership teams) to ensure successful implementation of goals to develop a sustainable student ministry.
● Provide and facilitate avenues for effective communication for student ministries.
● Work with the Director of Children’s Ministries to encourage attainment and celebration of faith formation milestones, including a strong transition for fifth graders into the middle school ministry.
● Collaborate with key partners in developing ministry opportunities inclusive of students with diverse cultural backgrounds.
● Manage student ministry budget.
● Coordinate teaching for middle school and high school classes.
● Teach regularly in the student ministry classes.
Group Meetings & Events:
● Plan and coordinate Middle School youth special events. Evaluate the potential for a Middle School youth group based discipleship ministry.
● Plan, teach, and coordinate leadership for High School youth group meetings and special events.
● Recruit, train and oversee volunteer leaders and paid interns.
● Provide regular volunteer staff equipping and mentoring.
● Meet regularly with volunteer ministry staff.
● Meet, counsel, and mentor middle school, high school and college students.
● Visit students at school / attend student events and performances as appropriate.
● Provide developmentally appropriate opportunities for integration of faith into life.
● Collaborate with other leaders to continue to develop and offer confirmation/mentoring program.
● Provide opportunities for parents and families to grow in their role as primary faith trainers for their youth.
● Participate in planning churchwide opportunities for engaging youth and their families in youth ministry, worship, music ministry, service, mission trips, camps and conferences.
ATTRIBUTES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● A love of Jesus Christ and a commitment to his teachings.
● A love of youth and young adults and their families and a vision for ministering to them.
● An understanding and acceptance of Mud Creek Baptist Church’s mission and theological positions.
● A Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 – 5 years of experience in a Christian educational setting.
● Excellent leadership, communication, and computer skills.
● Clear evidence of integrity and trustworthiness.
● Familiarity and comfortability with social media tools to facilitate communication with youth, college students and families.
● High level of motivation, reliability, and experience in working as part of a large team.
● Desire to work with multicultural population, with such experience preferred.
● Physically able to participate in activities with youth, including sports and physical games; ability to lift, pull, bend, carry, and push as needed to set up events and activities.
Family Ministries Pastor as ministry supervisor. Senior Pastor as Head of Staff.
This is a full-time position. Applicants will be reviewed and selected for interview process. This position is a salary position with benefits. Terms and details of this position will be discussed at interview level.
If Interested in applying for this position, please send resume and contact info to [email protected]