The worship pastor is responsible for leading and creating a passionate and engaged worship culture through song and creative expression. The worship pastor will work with the directional leader to plan and execute worship services that lead people into God’s presence. He/she will oversee all aspects of worship at New Heights, including leading worship on Sundays and during special events, audiovisual/live stream, and worship planning/evaluation. He/she will build a worship ministry team by identifying, auditioning, and training musicians and future worship leaders within the church.
We ask that our employees embrace our staff core values:
Our Staff Core Values are:
1. Pray about everything
Prayer aligns our hearts with God, draws us into intimacy with Him, and changes things in our world.
Have you taken time to stop, pray, and listen?
2. Care for your soul
If your soul is sick, your ministry will be sick.
How are you caring for your soul and the souls of your coworkers?
3. Take Risks
Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God – William Carey
Are you trying new things, failing forward, and turning dreams into reality?
4. Own the vision
Ownership means we make the organization’s mission and vision our mission and vision.
How are you personally invested, inside and outside of your job description, in working here?
5. Choose to grow
“Why waste time proving over and over how great you are, when you could be getting better?” – Carol Dweck
What is your plan to grow personally, professionally, spiritually?
· Model authentic and passionate worship of Jesus. The worship pastor is not just the worship leader but the lead worshipper.
· Develop a culture of passionate worship at New Heights Bentonville. Worship is the fuel that ignites ministry in every area of the church.
· Shepherd the church toward a more dynamic and expressive worship response.
· Serve as the primary worship leader on Sunday mornings and during other events.
· Build a thriving worship ministry team by recruiting and developing musicians and other worship leaders,
· Lead worship, service planning, scheduling, and evaluation.
· Innovate by introducing new music and other creative responses in worship.
· Assist other ministries of NHB with worship leader development
· Oversee pastoral care for people within the worship ministry span of care.
· Direct all aspects of our Sunday morning experience: A/V team, live stream, sound system, worship aesthetic, pro presenter, etc.…
· Feels called by God to worship leadership
· Motivate/Vision Cast
· People gatherer
· Interpersonal skills
· Team player
· Command of room
· A/V experience
To be considered, candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of full-time ministry experience in a worship leadership role. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To apply, email your resume along with the contact information of two professional and one personal reference to [email protected]