We are looking for someone ready to make a significant impact on the lives of this generation of young people and their families in Marion, Indiana, who can grow in and with their position as Next Generation Pastor.
New Life has built significant momentum in the past 3 years and we know finding the right leader for the next generation will propel us even further into greater kingdom impact both globally and locally.
New Life has a 37,000 square foot church facility, with unique gathering places designed specifically for teenagers, and kids to connect with God and others. These spaces and the entire facility are ready to be used in creative ways to reach, teach and release the students of Momentum Youth Ministries, NL Kids, two Christian universities nearby and their friends.
We are looking for someone willing to go on adventure, take risks, and be challenged to grow in a church that believes in the next generation serving and leading the church today not just tomorrow. We are ready to take the next step into greater kingdom impact, are you?
Below are the various expectations and job descriptions.
Next Generation Pastor Job Description
– Oversee the spiritual growth of the next generation of New Life and perform additional associate pastor functions as needed.
– Reports directly to Senior Pastor
– Lead and serve the church by modeling the standards of membership as written in the Constitution and Bylaws to all those that attend New Life.
– Review and understand Employee Handbook and address any questions to Senior Pastor in timely manner.
Youth Ministry Expectations
– Review and inform Senior Pastor of the effectiveness of youth ministry and see that it flows in unity with overall church mission, cultural DNA and model. Create and/or provide the environment(s) necessary for students to be growing in unity with the rest of the church body so it is moving in one whole and complete direction.
– Oversee area leadership positions of Youth Ministry including but may not be limited to Momentum Youth service, monthly activities, yearly retreats and camps.
– Make sure Momentum servant leaders (adults and college students) have materials as needed for life groups, events and camps.
– Recruit, equip and train new Momentum servant leaders (adults and college students)
– Complete and send out schedules for youth services in advance to Momentum servant leaders.
– Continue building in opportunities throughout the year for youth to reach out into the local community and global world. These may include but are not limited to Speed The Light giving, missions trips, and neighborhood outreaches.
– Raise funds for the youth budget outside of the approved amounts given in the church general budget so that ongoing aspects of ministry are unhindered and financially covered.
– Handle normal, weekly questions and circumstances that arise. Asking for assistance from staff on anything that you are unsure of or that requires additional leadership assistance, insight and direction.
Other Church Ministry Expectations
– As part of the overall staff, it is vital that they minister effectively to the needs of the church, working in unity and harmony with all other staff.
– Fulfill other ministry opportunities that may arise from time to time and as needed by the Senior Pastor. (ie – preaching, hospital visitations, etc)
– Fulfill Sunday morning tasks as requested that include but are not limited to announcements, Water Baptism, Communion, and live stream of services.
– Help keep the church facility in excellent shape by taking care of needs that you see and are able to immediately handle and complete while also informing the appropriate staff member of needs that require more time, or expertise.
NL Kids Ministry Expectations
– Review and inform Senior Pastor of the effectiveness of NL Kids Ministry to flow in unity with overall church mission, cultural DNA and model. Creating and/or providing the environment(s) necessary for kids to be in concert with the rest of the church body so it is moving in one whole and complete direction.
– Oversee Kids Ministry Team Leader and their area leadership positions of NL Kids Ministry by assisting in these areas:
o Getting materials as needed for small groups, events and camps.
o Recruiting, equipping, and training new servant leaders.
o Completing and sending out servant leaders’ schedules in advance.
o Handling normal, weekly questions and circumstances that arise. Asking for assistance from staff on anything that you are unsure of or that requires additional leadership assistance, insight and direction.
Online Ministries Expectations
– Maintain a constant social media presence for New Life in various social media platforms.
– “Pastor” those who are watching NL via live stream. Train and equip others to take on this role as well.
– Look for new ways to innovatively connect others to NL and make them feel at home through our online presence.
– Update website and apps with information on events as needed.
Salary and Benefits
– $25,000 a year cash salary
– $250 a month for Medical Insurance Premiums
– $200 Dental and $100 Vision annual allowances
– Rent free, 3 bedroom, church home
o (Fair Market value $680 a month benefit)
– 24 days of PTO (Personal Time Off) a year.
o (10 days vacation, 7 days personal and 7 sick days)
About New Life Community Church
People are feeling more alone and isolated than ever. At New Life, we provide a place to connect and belong. People who choose New Life have found a church they can call home. This happens often in just a few short weeks too. How? Because there's something unique about New Life.
What makes New Life unique?
It's as simple as 1-2-3
1 - Our Mission:
Help people become, committed, empowered, followers of Jesus
None of us have arrived at where we want to be. We are all striving for something more. At New Life, we will help you become all God wants you to be. We are all works in progress but we are also all masterpieces (Ephesians 3:20). At New Life, it is about progress not perfection.
2 - Our DNA:
Loving God, others and yourself with great value.
In Mark 12:29-31, Jesus was asked, "What matters most?" and He responded saying, "Loving God, others and yourself." This truth is in the make-up or DNA of everyone who calls New Life home. It is who we are when we are together and when we are alone.
At New Life, we focus first on loving yourself with great value, not selfishly but obediently, so you can love others with great value. You can't love others with great value if you don't love yourself with great value. And when we love others with great value we are actually loving God with great value. We can love like this because God loves us with great value first! We call this the Love Cycle.
3 - Our Model:
Attend, Connect, & Serve
Attend - There is a gathering at New Life designed with you in mind. We have gatherings for kids, youth and adults. In these gatherings we learn how to become the followers Jesus is looking for.
Connect - It is natural to want to dig deeper than what Sunday gatherings provide. That is why it is crucial we choose to connect with God and others in a small group setting. Our kids and youth have small group times built in to their gathering times, but for adults we provide Life Groups throughout the week. As you connect with God and others you will become even more committed to following Jesus.
Serve - Once we have chosen to become committed, there is a drive inside us all to step up and personally get involved and serve. We serve best when we choose to serve in our homes, church and community. All three areas need us to step up.