Position Title: Executive Pastor
Direct Report: Lead Pastor
Summary of Position: The Executive Pastor is responsible for the day to day direction of church staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes strategic planning, finance, facilities, office administration, communications, human resources and our family ministry team.
The Executive Pastor Duties Shall Include:
1. Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, planning and overall direction of church staff.
2. Oversee the ministry staff in the establishment of six-month goals, oversee annual performance evaluation, thereby insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
3. Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in office administration, communications, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management that benefit New Life Fellowship. This includes Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and New Life Community Development Corporation which are part of the New Life Fellowship family.
4. Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels, financing multisite initiatives, etc.
5. Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, annual Christmas offerings, contractor selection, and construction.
6. Give oversight and support to the Kids Ministry Pastor and Youth Pastor in the execution of the Orange Philosophy of Ministry.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Education and Experience
· This position requires a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business or church environment of over 1,000 people.
. Has 5+ years of leadership experience in a multiethnic context.
· Possession of a Master’s Degree in Business, Technology, or other related field is preferred.
· Exposure to Emotionally Healthy Spiritualty and/or Emotional Intelligence paradigms
· The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
· Living in the NYC Metro area preferred.
About New Life Fellowship
We are a multiracial, intergenerational church in the exceptionally diverse neighborhood of Elmhurst, Queens. We impact our community locally through our Community Development Corporation, and globally through the wider Emotionally Healthy Spirituality movement. Our mission is to deeply transform lives through Jesus for the sake of the world.We are guided by the four anchors of our Vision Frame. Our mission at New Life Fellowship is to be a multiracial community deeply transforming lives through Jesus for the sake of the world. Our values, known as our “5 Ms,” shape the way we seek to follow Christ together at New Life Fellowship. They undergird our spiritual formation practices and inform our mission to love and serve our world. ( Monastic, Multi-racial,eMotionally health, Marriage To Christ, Missional) Connect -We are not interested in simply being a crowd of people on Sunday mornings. We want to build deep, authentic connection–places where we can really know others and be known. Grow-We value deep, beneath-the-surface life transformation. We aren’t about doing the same old things with a religious veneer. We aim to grow deeply in love for God, others, and ourselves–going back to go forward, and learning how our families and past experiences have shaped us over time so that we can become more truly who God has made us to be. Serve-We value giving out of who we really are, in the unique ways that God has made each of us, and in particular, serving our local community in Elmhurst, Queens. Our Marks We are shaped by an ancient practice, used by communities of Christians for nearly 2000 years, called a Rule of Life. The meaning of Rule comes from the Greek word for trellis. A trellis is a tool designed to enable a grapevine to get off the ground and grow upward, to become more fruitful and productive. In the same way, a Rule of Life can be the trellis that helps us abide in Christ and become more fruitful spiritually. New Life’s Rule of Life is a descriptive and prescriptive framework to help shape spiritual practices that deepen our lives in Christ. Our Rule consists of four parts: Prayer, Rest, Relationships,Work