Ministry Area: High School Ministry
Reports to: Family Life Minister
Timeframe: 1+ year(s) after the initial start date
Benefits: Paid Part-Time Position with opportunity for housing included
The goal of the Director of High School Ministry is to lead a team of volunteers in the various High School Ministry Areas in accomplishing the vision and direction of Northpointe. It will be the responsibility of the Director of High School Ministry to develop a team that will specialize in working with High School students and assist them through recruiting, developing, and training while also working to maintain high quality programming and events. They will maintain a philosophy of partnering with parents in helping their child move toward a life fully devoted to Jesus Christ. As a part-time position, hours have flexibility outside of programmed meeting times. The Director will have the responsibilities to recruit and equip volunteers, teach Biblical truth, maintain a budget, maintain a social media presence, and communicate well with parents and staff.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development
- Weekly Scheduling
- Event Preparation
- Parent Communication
- Lesson Curriculum Management
- Maintain a Quality First Impression
- Develop High Quality Programming for Sunday Morning and Wednesday Night Meetings
- Lead/Co-Lead, with Director of Preteen and Middle School, two trips or retreats
- Meet regularly with Family Life Minister
- Other Duties As Assigned
- Love God, His Word, and people
- Maintain a lifestyle that is honoring to the character of God as a Christ-follower
- Support and be able to clearly communicate the vision and mission of Northpointe
- Actively participate in worship and service at Northpointe on a weekly basis
- Encourage team to actively participate in worship and service at Northpointe on a weekly basis
- To adhere to the guidelines provided in the Northpointe Staff Manual
- Ensure that information regarding High School Ministry is current and readily available
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to recruit new volunteers into a variety of positions within High School Ministry
- Ability to lead and communicate to a diverse group of team members through encouragement and accountability
- Good relational skills with family ministry team, volunteers, and staff
- Creativity in developing various program elements
How to Apply:
To be considered for this ministry position, please send a cover letter with your resumé to [email protected].
Answer the following 3 questions in your cover letter:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why would you relocate to the Lansing, MI area?
- What about you makes you think you are a good fit for this position?
Also, YOU MUST include recent videos (or links) of you leading at least two teaching sessions. Please make sure that the video has clear audio. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A RESUME WITHOUT A VIDEO.
Links to ALL social media are required (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube channel).
About Northpointe Community Church
Northpointe is a non-denominational church located in the suburb of DeWitt, MI (just north of Lansing). Our mission is to help all people move toward a life fully devoted to Jesus Christ. We believe relationships are a big deal and that people move further, faster in their relationships by connecting with others in groups and so groups are a central part of who we are and what we do.