Director of Contemporary and Traditional Worship
We have a great opportunity for someone who is passionate and gifted to lead our growing contemporary worship experience and who can also bring life and energy to our traditional worship experience.
We’re looking for a musically-gifted and spiritually-mature Christian who is passionate about leading contemporary worship and who has the ability to direct a choir. The ideal candidate should have experience leading contemporary worship at a similar-sized or larger church, and experience or training in directing a choir.
- Meet with Senior Pastor on a regular basis.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting.
- Participate in monthly Worship Committee meeting to help develop and implement the overall Mission and Vision of the church.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship services.
- Lead worship on Sundays at the Contemporary service.
- Direct the Choir at the Traditional service.
- Be willing to lead worship in other environments as necessary.
- Oversee all PCC production and worship elements for both worship experiences.
- Develop and manage the worship budget.
- Ensure that financial procedures are followed.
- Keep current your knowledge of CCLI and streaming rights for songs.
- Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments owned by the church.
- Use scheduling software (currently Planning Center Online) to schedule songs, vocalist, and instrumentalist.
- Schedule a minimum of 4 weeks out.
- Seek out opportunities to grow yourself and the team.
- Build relationships with other worship directors.
- Watch other church services to gain insight.
- Develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the two worship experiences.
Leadership Development Responsibilities
- Identify, invite, mentor, and empower vocalists and musicians to be a part of the PCC worship teams and choir.
- Identify, care for, and coach high capacity volunteers.
- Take key leaders to other services, conferences, and meetings that will help equip them for the work of the ministry.
- Organize team retreats and social events to build community.
- Meet personally with select band members weekly outside of worship and rehearsal.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your
spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Palos Community Church and always protect the
unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Palos Community Church.
- 2 years experience leading worship in a similar church setting or completion of worship ministry school/program.
- Significant skill as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Should be proficient in reading and transposing music.
- Can direct a choir.
- Should have experience leading and managing teams.
This position is currently 32 hours a week.
About Palos Community Church
We are a unique congregation that is moving forward with quality Contemporary worship while still understanding that some in our community value Traditional worship.
Our vibrant Contemporary worship service needs a strong leader to take us to the next level.
Our Traditional worship service needs a leader who can confidently lead a choir and bring energy to our Traditional service.