Ministry in York, PA is full of opportunity! We are looking for a lead pastor to continue moving Pathway Community Church forward as we follow Jesus. We believe that God is moving in our city and we are looking for a leader that has vision to lead us toward the mission of seeing people transformed by the love of Jesus. Our next pastor should enjoy working on a team of other strong leaders and staff members, have an engaging communication style and hold tight to the teachings of Jesus as the mandate moving forward. We are a healthy congregation of about 250 adults and children and our building is located in a community setting in West York.
Pathway has been given a mandate from God to change the culture of our city through the presence of God. We believe that God will save souls, restore families, heal the broken, and release His Kingdom through our Christ glorifying fellowship.
We long to see people step into their identity as sons and daughters of God, fall in love with Jesus, and develop a life of intimacy with the Holy Spirit.
We believe all people are valuable and Jesus’ desire is to heal them and make them whole. We believe that prayer unleashes God’s power to change our world and the lives of all people. We desire to minister to the local community surrounding Pathway church. We hold onto the vision of reaching all of York with the gospel of Jesus.
The next pastor at Pathway Community Church will…
1. Be a passionate follower of Jesus who leads our congregation from his/her growing and dynamic faith journey.
2. Commit to the ministry of prayer for God’s will to be done in our community, county and the world.
3. Work with the current staff and leadership of Pathway Community Church to lead our congregation toward the mission of Jesus in York county.
4. Teach and preach the Word of God faithfully and in an engaging manner.
5. Share the teaching ministry with others already in the community who are part of the teaching rotation.
6. Lead Pathway to continued vision and direction of ministry that will allow all of York to know of salvation in Jesus.
7. Empower the body of Christ to be ministers of the gospel and release people into their areas of giftedness.
8. Care deeply about the York community and strategically find ways for Pathway to engage with the needs in our community.
9. Assure processes and systems are established to enable ministry to flourish effectively.
1. Has at least 5 years of senior leadership experience.
2. Has fruitful experience leading a team of leaders.
3. Has formal theological/Bible training.
4. Is willing to live and engage in the local community of York.
· Enter into the licensing/ordination process of the Brethren in Christ Church.
For those interested in the Lead Pastor position of Pathway Church please email Bishop Bob Beaty at [email protected] March 20, 2020. Please include cover letter, resume and links to three recent preaching/teaching examples.
About Pathway Community Church
Pathway Community Church is located in West York, PA. We purchased a school building in 2013 and have found our location in a residential neighborhood to be a rich environment for ministry. The community around us continues to change and our desire is to continue to reflect the community in which we gather. We have had terrific leadership over the last years and we are poised to welcome a new pastor and continue going after the vision of Jesus to see people healed, restored, empowered and released.