Youth Pastor Job Description
Puente de Vida / Bridge Church
203 S. 8thSt., Santa Paula, CA 93060
Status: Part-time (details available upon application)
· Christian maturity and leadership (Acts 20:28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter
5:1-4) and agreement with Assembly of God doctrine and theology.
· At least 2 years of experience in youth ministry with demonstrated leadership abilities
· B.A degree in theological training
· A credentialed minister or working towards being credentialed
· The heart of a youth pastor and strong relational skills
· Fluent in Spanish and English
Description of Youth Pastor:
Under the direction of the Lead Pastor, the Youth Pastor will:
· Provide pastoral care for youth from 6th-12th grade and college age young adults.
· Plan a dynamic weekly youth service, to include worship and discipleship
· Organize special events such as retreats, conventions and social gatherings
· Promote Fine Arts through our Assemblies of God fellowship
· Communicate with youth parents about youth plans and events and how they can be supportive parents
· Develop youth and young adult leadership through mentorship and the development of their spiritual gifts and talents
· Recruit, disciple, train and motivate adults to serve in youth and young adult ministry
· Provide opportunities for youth and young adults to share the gospel with lost friends and their community.
· Network with other evangelical youth leaders in the community to support youth in strengthening school campus ministries
· Administer the budget as approved by the Finance Committee
· Perform other duties related to youth ministries as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
If interested please send resume to [email protected]
About Puente de Vida / Bridge Church
We are a growing Assemblies of God church located in Santa Paula, CA, a city with a population of 30,000. We are two churches with one leadership board. Our Spanish- speaking church (Puente de Vida) is the parent church of our English-speaking church plant (Bridge of Life). Both churches are housed on the same campus however each has their own identity and culture. Puente de Vida is a congregation of 130-150 adherents and consists of primarily first and second generation Latinos from 8 different countries. Bridge of life is a multi-ethnic and generationally diverse congregation of 35- 50 adherents. Our vision is to continue planting more churches in the area and abroad.
Puente de Vida & Bridge of Life has a strong commitment to bringing people to salvation, healing and restoration. It is our heart to journey with each other and see each other grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Our four-fold purpose is: To Worship, To Learn, To Love and To Reach Out. In fulfilling our purpose we encourage active participation in life groups, serving in ministry and reaching out to our unsaved friends and family members.