Are you passionate about using your creativity to make a difference? Join our team to help tell the story of God’s movement in our church and our community. We are seeking a Communications Director to articulate and craft the story of the mission and vision of Real Life Church by creating and overseeing the strategy for all internal and external communications. The Communications Director is both a player and a coach, utilizing their own creative skills and leading teams in communicating the message of Jesus Christ and Real Life Church to our church body and to the communities we serve.
The Communications Director is a communications and marketing professional that oversees the production of quality media pieces including web, print, video, social media, etc. that creatively engages the church and community at large. The Communications Director reports to the Executive Pastor.
Current Position Status: Full time
Focus, Time Distribution and Specific duties:
Communications Strategy – 15%
· Develop an annual written communications and marketing plan to increase effectiveness of our communication to the church body and local community
· Develop a system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Real Life Church
Creation and Production – 70%
· Website: Oversee the creation, maintenance and updates of website that uses video, audio, graphics and content to engage our church and community; maintain an effective presence on the web including style/presence, SEO, new technology
· Social Media: Manage effective social media messaging and communication strategies for sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, etc.
· Print Media: Direct and manage the creation and production of print materials such as the weekly program and inserts, also Direct mail, newspaper, billboard ads, etc. as needed
· Design and Brand Management: Design/oversee all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness;
· Creative Arts: Work alongside the Creative Arts team to create quality and consistency in messaging/video from all aspects; keep ears open to stories of life change and develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, eNews, etc.
· Media Relations: Create positive relationships with media; Develop policy and procedures related to media relations
· Volunteer Teams: Develop volunteer teams to accomplish communication goals; Enlist, equip, encourage and lead qualified volunteers such as artists, designers, photographers, videographers and writers
Administration/Support – 15%
· Monitor the use of logos, look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing Real Life Church
· Participation in staff meetings, retreats and other events as needed
· Work with ministries helping them to develop communication plans to mobilize their specific audiences to respond
· Develop and effectively administer Communications budget
· Develop, communicate and enforce policies pertinent to church communications.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
· Proficient in graphic design software
· Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing a marketing plan
· Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Familiar with video editing
· Experience and/or education in graphic design/communications/marketing
· Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Committed to philosophy, values and mission of RLC
· Able to multi task and thrive in a deadline intensive environment
· Demonstrates the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations, flexibility a must
· Personal desire for excellence in work
· Exhibits a team oriented mindset towards accomplishing the church’s ministry
· Positive attitude towards church, staff, members and public
- Values helping people
Be disciplined and diligent with their time, completing required tasks in a timely manner
About Real Life Church
Real Life Church is 30 years old and has two campuses. The Communications Director is both a player and a coach, utilizing their own creative skills and leading teams in communicating the message of Jesus Christ and Real Life Church to our church body and to the communities of both campuses. If you're intrigued about being a part of a team that is starting something new and see what God does, let us know!