Apply now for our Worship Pastor Position
Redeemer has a great vision – We want to be a diverse church that brings glory to God by sending out church planting teams into our diverse community. We are purposefully seeking team members that come from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds, all so we can see the infinite reflection of the glory of God in our community. We use a model of ministry that we call the “GEM”, which encourages people to get engaged, and develop their gifts so they can be sent out with a church planting team.
Currently Redeemer is looking for a worship team leader. This person is responsible for equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry. This includes worship arts, worship services, worship through music, sound, lighting, tech, and video. The emphasis in this position is discipleship…the raising up of teams to lead in the worship arts area as we plant and replant churches. This opportunity is a full-time position which includes benefits, and relocation costs. Continue reading for the attached job description.
If you are interested in applying for this position or want more information, please email Bobby Fisher at: [email protected]
Worship Pastor Job Description
Summary: The worship leader is responsible for leading and encouraging people during the gathered services, and in everyday life, to respond as they “Discover” God’s glory. Practically, this includes planning and leading the musical-worship portions of the weekend services, building teams (e.g. bands, sound and video tech teams, other worship leaders), and helping develop an overall atmosphere of worship throughout the church (i.e. responding in Delight to what we Discover about God).
Specifics: Redeemer is a church that plants churches. This is part of our DNA; it’s who we are. Therefore, we view the role of leadership as one in which we equip the saints to do the work of ministry (Ephesians 4). It is the job of the worship leader to raise up, equip, develop, and release others to do the work of ministry. Having the skills to lead and mentor others is required.
The worship leader needs to know they are loved by God. They desire to discover God’s glory, they delight in God, and then declare God’s glory to those around them. They need to know how to listen to the Spirit in preparation before the service and during gathered worship times. This means they purposefully and prayerfully plan how to lead the fellowship in worship and are also sensitive to the spontaneous leading of the Spirit during the service.
We believe the whole church needs to be involved in worship times, allowing all the gifts to be present in a healthy way. Our desire is not just to preach and sing at gatherings, but also to use the Spiritual Gifts in biblical ways. Therefore, the person responsible for leading worship must focus first and foremost on being a godly person who is in-tune with the Spirit; a humble servant wanting to see others succeed in their calling, and a quality musician and vocalist who understands how to use their art to connect people with God.
Redeemer is a highly relational church – we love to engage with one-another. This means we want our worship experiences to incorporate space for us to respond to God and to one-another. Worship is not to be a “Come and See” experience, but rather a “Let’s join together in corporate unity to glorify God and respond”.
Redeemer is not a KLOV church – we want to be authentic and real in our pain, confusion, suffering, and doubt, as we are about God’s blessing, prosperity, joy, and celebration. This means we are a little on the grunge side, enjoying songs that are rich and deep (a lot of old time hymns). To hear a sample of Redeemer’s music, listen to the following playlists:
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
1. Godly person who is in-tune with the Spirit
· Meet the qualifications of Deacons in 1 Timothy 3. Women and men are encouraged to apply.
· Is able to articulate Gospel centeredness
· Is able to demonstrate evidence of Gospel centeredness in their personal life
· Worship is their life and passion, not just a job
· Handle their personal lives in a responsible way including finances and social media.
2. Humble servant who wants to see others succeed in their calling
· Have a heart for people
· Have a “leading-leaders” style of leadership
· Find and develop new worship leaders
· Develop and care for team member’s personal and spiritual growth
· Establish new platforms for developing leaders to grow in (e.g. Youth, Community Groups)
· Are a resource for all musical aspects within the church (e.g. Gospel Kids Choir, Youth Band)
3. Quality musician and vocalist who understands how to use their art to connect people with God
· Lead musically and vocally in the corporate services
· Inspire a lifestyles of worship in others
· Work to create a worship culture for Redeemer, not just a few moments of music on Sunday morning
· Recommend books, blogs, and inspiring articles to help people respond to who God is and what He’s done
· Pick songs and worship material which fit with the flow and the week’s message
Practical Responsibility: (time, duties)
· Build bands (i.e. recruitment, auditions/assessments, training, releasing) and departments within the ministry using the GEM (Get Engaged Model)
· Build and oversee other teams (i.e. sound system, visual, video)
· Discover and create worship material (e.g. songs, arrangements, prayers, styles)
· Produce the Sunday service (i.e. make sure all aspects of the service flow and fit together, post-service evaluation)
· Are responsible for the purchase and maintenance of equipment and systems including sound, lighting, video, instruments, computers associated with worship arts, projectors and screens
· Are responsible for special events that use Redeemer’s equipment and building which includes, sound, lighting, video, and the stage
· In conjunction with the Elders, create the vision for the worship arts areas.
· Recruit, train, equip, connect, disciple, and evaluate team leaders and members
· Forecast departmental needs
· Oversee the department budget
Education and Experience:
· BA degree in music, or equivalent experience in music theory and practice
· 5 years experience in worship leadership
This position is full time, with the expectation of working 40-50 hours per week. Typical days off are Friday and Saturday. Competitive salary and benefits are provided based upon education, experience and areas of expertise. Will pay relocation costs.