Ridgewood Church seeks a full-time Youth Pastor. This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor. The individual is responsible for the overall strategic vision and programming of middle and high school ministries, recruitment and investment in leaders, and the pursuit and investment in students and their families.
This individual will experience a unique ministry opportunity. Ridgewood Church is located in the heart of the beautiful Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka, Minnesota, and is within 1.5 miles of Minnetonka High School, Minnetonka Middle School East, and Groveland Elementary School.
The Church is undergoing a building restoration and is revisioning itself for the future as a church that strives to “Make Jesus Known Through Community Impact.” The individual will actively engage with our community and help make connections and partnerships to bring the love of Jesus to as many students as possible.
The Youth Pastor will also have the opportunity to build a youth program from the ground up. There is a strong group of leaders that are hungry to invest in students and the congregation cares deeply about youth ministry.
- Plan a strategy to grow Ridgewood’s youth ministry to a place of health and effectiveness
Team Recruitment and Spiritual Leadership
- Support and train parents in their role as the primary spiritual leaders in the home
- Recruit and train leaders to pursue students in order to introduce them to Jesus and strengthen their spiritual walk
- Provide care and coaching for leaders on a regular basis
Planning and Programming
- Be responsible for the vision, leadership, and planning of all middle school and high school programming and events
- Oversee daily administration of the church’s youth ministry
Connections with Student Ministries and the Church as a Whole
- Create pathways for students to be a part of Sunday morning programming
- Develop and execute plans, alongside the Minister for Children and Families, for students transitioning from Ridgewood Kids to student ministry
- Establish and maintain healthy collaboration with Staff in order to coordinate scheduling and needs
- Invest in the overall vision of Ridgewood Church as a member of the staff by building healthy collaboration and communication
- Expand community connections to leverage Ridgewood’s student ministry’s impact in our community
- Develop and execute strategy for consistent communication to students, parents, and community
- Communicate and engage with parents on a consistent basis to ensure their needs are known and met
What to expect
- Real-life ministry experience that will help equip you for a life of Kingdom impact in an exciting and growing ministry
- Consistent one-on-one coaching and care focused on helping you grow as a minister and as a Jesus-follower
- Life-giving community as a member of a growing ministry team committed to helping each other succeed
- This is a full-time position and offers the opportunity to hire and oversee new staff as the ministry grows
- Strong Christian character must be displayed
- A life of purity and devotion to spiritual disciplines is vital
- A ministry degree and ministry experience is preferred
- Must exude a genuine love for, and desire to minister to, students
- This individual will be excited about the mission and vision of Ridgewood Church
Are you the next member of our team? Apply by emailing [email protected] and include a cover letter, any social media usernames, links to videos of you teaching, or content you’ve created. Also include your philosophy of youth ministry and doctrinal statement. As we collect information, we will make contact with individuals in a prompt manner.
About Ridgewood Church
Located in the beautiful Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka, Minnesota, Ridgewood Church is undergoing a successful revitalization. Its strategic plans include a building restoration, church planting, leadership development through residency, and enhanced children’s programming. It is a gospel-centered church that is ready to take its next steps forward. Ridgewood is affiliated with Converge North Central.