Roseau Evangelical Covenant Church (RECC) is seeking an upbeat, enthusiastic person to provide leadership and discipleship to students in grades 6 – 12. Visit our website at roseaucov.org to learn more about our church. This position is primarily geared to students in grades 6 – 12 as well as providing continuity for younger grades.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: To develop and lead a ministry to youth and children at Roseau Evangelical Covenant Church (RECC) that initiates, grows and deepens a relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior so that our students develop into mature Christ-followers.
- Character: A stable, maturing believer in Jesus Christ, whose life has evidenced Christian character, devotion to the Lord, and balance in his/her relationships. Responsible, dependable and able to keep confidences.
- Management: Demonstrated organization and ability to initiate and implement administrative procedures, energy, and self-discipline to work independently on agreed upon goals.
- Passion: A heartfelt passion for evangelism and discipleship training of youth and children, sense the calling of God to this age range.
- Leadership: A visionary person, compassionate, prayerful, and teachable, who is able to recruit, manage, and motivate others. This person should be able to effectively apply biblical and theological truth in ministry.
- Team Player: Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team.
- Interpersonal skills: Able to interact with youth, children and parents, good verbal and written communication skills, well prepared for presentations/teaching and publications. Able to and a desire to consistently connect relationally with youth and children.
- Committed: Have an unreserved commitment to the mission, vision and values of RECC and agreement with the Evangelical Covenant Church Affirmations and become a member of RECC.
- Education: College Degree or equivalent experience.
- Oversee all aspects of Youth Ministry defined as grades 6 – 12, providing programming for Sunday School, weekly Youth Group and special events.
- Serve as the co-chair of the Christian Formation Board (which oversees birth – grade 5) to establish continuity in curriculum, programming, volunteer training and vetting.
- Evaluate and implement curriculum for grades 6 – 12 for Sunday School and weekly Youth Group.
- Intentionally develop and build relationships with students.
- Lead, counsel and disciple youth in their personal and spiritual development through personal contact, Sunday School, Youth Group, Retreats, and Special Events.
- Recruit and encourage older students and adults to become part of the youth ministry leadership team. Provide an ongoing program of training and equipping for leaders of students grades 6 – 12.
- In partnership with the senior pastor and ministry leaders, continue developing a vision for youth and children ministry.
- Provide opportunities to young people for meaningful ministry to others through witnessing, service projects, mission trips, etc.
- Prepare and manage plans and budgets of the Youth Ministry.
- Intentionally develop and build relationships within the community to foster gospel sharing opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with other youth groups in the area as well as the Northwest Conference and the ECC Denomination.
- Embrace the vision of helping individuals smoothly transition from childhood through student life into adulthood in the life of the church.
- Manage all communication to youth, their parents and the church for Youth Ministry.
- Manage all resources for Youth Ministry.
- Attend Sunday Morning Worship services along with family members (if applicable).
- Responsible for UNITE (including fundraising) and Release Time.
- Promote Bluewater Covenant Bible Camp, be a member of the RECC Bluewater Committee and assist with the summer registration process.
- Serve on staff team.
- Assist with Sunday Morning Worship Services as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
About Roseau Evangelical Covenant Church
RECC is a multi-generational, family oriented faith community located in northwest Minnesota. Our Sunday morning worship service is a blend of contemporary and traditional, weighted more toward contemporary. Visit our website to learn more about our church. We are part of the Evangelical Covenant Church denomination.