Are you a musically and creatively minded leader who is passionate about leading people into the presence of God? Do you have a heart to raise up the next generation of worshipers and see teenagers sold out for God? Are you seeking a new opportunity where fun, excitement and leadership are included in your job description? If so, continue reading, because we are seeking a creative, energetic, worship and youth pastor to grow with us.
The position of Worship and Youth Pastor is classified as exempt (salaried). The Worship Pastor will work with the rest of the worship team to lead the body into the presence of God. It is the responsibility of the Youth Pastor to work with the youth group staff to lead our youth in the process of coming to faith and making their faith their own. The person that can do both has a life that is surrendered to Jesus, so that they may lead others by example and not simply by instruction. They should be both filled with and led by God’s Spirit. They must maintain a close personal relationship with God through reading, study, prayer and accountability.
It is in this spirit of love and cooperation with God that the worship and youth pastor exhibit the following:
· An anointed, gifted singer and musician
· Passionate about their relationship with God and possesses a contagious spirit for worship
· Able to lead and inspire others and also serve with a joyful, submissive spirit
· Brings excitement, energy, focus and vision to weekly youth meeting and the Sunday worship experience
· Responsible for weekly rehearsals to ensure that the musical component of our worship experience is done with professionalism and excellence
· Expected to choose songs that complement the weekly messages utilizing planning center to schedule the team and upload the songs so the team can practice.
· Be a small group leader (in the worship team) thus providing spiritual leadership, prayer, devotional thoughts and additional discussion about the Sunday message
· Responsible for the weekly youth meeting
· Working with the staff to provide vision/direction for the youth group and share in the preaching to the youth
· Responsible for weekly youth worship rehearsals (before youth group) to develop our youth to fulfill their potential in the youth band and provide a feeder system to the Sunday morning worship team.
· Knowledge of current sound and lighting technology with the desire to explore how to provide the optimum HD worship experience
· Knowledgeable in the administration side of using planning center to organize the worship and youth teams.
· Establish office hours
· Shepherd the Worship Team and youth group ministering to their needs
· Frequently interact with the Lead Pastor regarding Sunday service, outreaches, events, gatherings, technology, marketing and branding
· Give vision to our worship and youth group experience
· Provide leadership and oversight for the development, management and implementation of worship team and youth group annual budget
· Attend weekly staff meetings and twice monthly elder’s meetings
Spiritual growth and personal development:
· Demonstrates a personal commitment to spiritual growth by spending time with God daily
· Meets characteristics of an elder as outlined in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1
· Has a mentor in their life and is a mentor in someone else’s life
· Passion for people, the lost, outreach and fostering community relations
· If married, their marriage is a priority and they constantly strive to improve their marriage
· Sets appropriate boundaries in their personal and ministry life to protect their character and integrity
· Two or four-year degree from an accredited university; bible college or seminary preferred
· Minimum of 1 year experience as a worship pastor; 2-5 years preferred
· Minimum of 1 year experience as a youth pastor; 2-5 years preferred
· Average of 40 hours per week
· Flexible schedule
· Typical days off are Monday and Saturday
· Some nights are required
· In agreement with our mission, vision, statement of faith and core values
· Will serve under the leadership and in cooperation with the lead pastor and elders
· Salary commensurate with experience (Range: $50k-$70k)
o Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
About Shiloh Community Church
Shiloh Community Church is a non-denominational Christian church with approximately 350 regular weekly attendees located on the west side of Manchester, New Hampshire. We are a family of believers who are casual in our dress, but serious about our faith. Shiloh is a church of small groups who thrive in community and being on mission together. We desire and enjoy entering into an intimate and powerful worship experience every Sunday morning.