This position is the oversight of the Worship and Music ministry for Summit Christian Center. The primary focus of this position is to create and build a worship culture by the daily management of planning and preparing for worship services, events, and special services; as well as pastoring and equipping multiple teams of musicians and vocalists across all age-groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Provide oversight for all worship teams (i.e. Main Band, Choir, Young Adults, High School)
2. Provide leadership, direction, and vision for Worship related to services and events
3. Recruit and equip worship team(s) to lead in their weekly worship services
4. Responsible for the pastoral care for all team members under the Worship Ministry
5. Create relational opportunities for team members to grow and collaborate together.
6. Provide vocal and musical leadership during the weekend services, and events.
7. Ensure our worship is current, relevant, and impactful to the community.
8. Create original scores/songs to impact our worship experience.
9. Manage the payments and invoices of contracted musicians
10. Responsible for the atmosphere that is created within weekend services and creative events
11. Ensure Pastoral Care exist within teams.
12. Assist in planning and executing multiple projects, events, and special services as they occur; provided by the Director of Creative
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ
– Understand and align with our church vision and purpose statement
– Be a member of Summit Christian Center or willing to become a member
– Experience in a leadership role; requiring strong verbal/written communication and outstanding interpersonal skills
– Highly motivated and takes initiative
– Experience in leading and developing community and excellence among worship groups
– Competency in musical skill and knowledge (vocally and instrumentally)
– Experience in planning and leading worship services and events
– Proficient in operating DAW music program(s)
– Ability to compose and produce original music
– When required, assist in digital communications with social media
– Organizational and self-motivated to deliver results on a deadline
– Continued development of gifts and skills with a lifelong learner mindset
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ability to prioritize tasks/projects
Able to extend hands and arms to complete assigned tasks
Must be able to push or pull objects and carts when needed
Regular need for lifting objects greater than 50lbs.
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
Subject to noise, there may be noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eligible to work in the US
About Summit Christian Center
Our purpose is to connect people with God and others.
We are here to love people, bring hope and impact the community through the good news of Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is to connect people with God and others, leading them to become fully devoted followers of Christ, who are expressing His life in their world.