The Executive Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and is chiefly responsible for ongoing operations and staff oversight and management. He/She works with the Lead Pastor and other key Staff to oversee the planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating of all ministry and administrative areas of the church
Key Job Duties – Essential Functions:
Ministry Oversight and Evaluation:
Development and evaluation of performance metrics (i.e. attendance, giving, Baptisms, Small group attendance, Volunteers, etc..)
Assist Senior Pastor and other Ministry Leaders in goal setting, measurement and analysis.
Human Resources / Staff Management:
- Work with Lead Pastor (and other Ministry Leaders) to develop, and then lead sourcing and implementation of Staff development training
- Manage hiring processes and sourcing of candidates when needed
- Oversight of performance review process for all staff
- Ongoing development and oversight of church policies and procedures
- Work with Finance and Compensation Team to Oversee budgets, cash flow, Income and expenses
- Responsible for administration and oversight of all benefits programs (i.e 401K, life Insurance, bonus program, future health benefits, etc)
- Oversee Payroll program (annual review of salary increase and equity)
- Develop and maintain financial reports (for lending institutions, Reporting out church budget, Income statements, etc…)
- Insure financial integrity of the Ridge. This includes but is not limited to arranging for an annual audit of church financial records.
- Oversee and administer all capital expenditures (i.e. FF&E) and insure consistent with church vision and planning.
- Maintain appropriate insurance on property (and administer any claims)
- Oversee maintenance of all church property
Administrative / Legal:
- Work with key vendor partners to insure resources are effectively utilized. (e.g. Planning Center, etc..)
- Schedule and oversee training associated with administrative resources
- Insure church is compliant with all employment laws including worker’s comp, and IRS regulations
Marketing and Fundraising:
- Work with Staff on development and execution of a comprehensive plan to increase profile of church to external community (emphasis on un-churched and non-believers)
- Development and oversight of any future church wide fundraising (i.e. new building program)
Reports to: Senior Pastor
I – Spiritual
a) Born again, committed Christian seeking to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through personal study, accountability and service.
b) A clear calling and gifting from God to lead and shepherd.
c) Seeks to live a lifestyle that is “above reproach” as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
d) A member of The Ridge Church.
II – Skills
a) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
b) Strong organizational and time management skills.
c) Ability to work as a team player.
d) Ability to be flexible, friendly, approachable, humble, and honest.
e) Able to deal with challenges directly, openly, honestly and graciously.
f) Able to maintain a multi-generational awareness in developing and managing the church’s policies and procedures
III – Knowledge and Experience:
a) Bachlors Degree or equivalent (preferably with specialization in church administration)
b) A minimum of 5+ years in organizational and/or financial leadership positions (church related is ideal)
c) Sound knowledge of biblical principals and teachings.
About The Ridge Community Church
The Ridge Community Church is a contemporary, bible based church located in the North georgia mountains just outside of the community of Blue Ridge.