We are looking for someone called by God to make disciples of Jesus Christ through the ministry of music and worship. This person will have demonstrated choir and orchestra experience and enthusiasm for church music and worship. We seek someone who will effectively challenge and grow our choir members and music participants to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. Starts July, 2018.
About Trinity on the Hill United Methodist Church
Director of Music and Worship Ministries
Trinity on the Hill UMC, Augusta, Ga
Starts July 2018
Summary Job Description:
We are looking for someone called by God to make disciples of Jesus Christ through the ministry of music and worship. This person will have demonstrated choir and orchestra experience and enthusiasm for church music and worship. We seek someone who will effectively challenge and grow our choir members and music participants to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
Oversee, direct and/or manage an adult choir (50+ members), two youth choirs [Love Unlimited high school choir with 75+ youth with annual tour(www.lutour.org) and New Creation middle school choir with 35+ youth], four children’s choirs, senior adult choir, hand bell choirs, men’s and women’s vocal ensembles, two Sunday morning traditional services, weekly adult choir rehearsal.
Recruit and direct orchestras for Christmas, Easter and God and Country.
Work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor, organist, pianist, and volunteer committees to present worship that provides spiritual growth for choir members, congregations, and the broader community. This includes overseeing ushers, acolytes, altar guild, sound team and Television ministry.
Trinity on the Hill is a midtown congregation in Augusta, Ga with an average worship attendance of 700. Our music program, missions work, youth ministry and friendliness is well known in the area. We affirm an orthodox and Wesleyan expression of the Christian faith. The church has three services each week (two traditional, one contemporary) and an active Sunday School and discipleship program. The 11:00 traditional worship is on live television. www.trinityonthehill.net
Detailed Job Requirements Responsibilities:
• Lead, organize, and develop adult, youth, children, vocal ensembles, and hand bell choir to support Sunday worship and overall worship planning in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
• Select hymns, anthems, creeds, etc., for Sunday worship (and other special services like Easter, Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve, etc.) in collaboration with Senior Pastor and other members of church staff.
• Promote singing of the rich Wesleyan hymns, as well as traditional and modern hymns.
• Provide rehearsal and education to adult choir, ensembles, and hand bells, weekly, as well as rehearse and direct instrumentalists and vocalists for worship services.
• Recruit, motivate and lead, if necessary, children, youth, and adults in all aspects of congregational music and creative worship in the church. Recruit and train and provide guidance to all those involved in the music ministry.
• Plan and submit annual music budget to finance committee.
• Liaise with Senior Pastor and Worship Committee to ensure meaningful, faith-based worship services.
• Seek feedback on music program effectiveness and develop plans for growth and development to address issues and broaden music program.
• Develop and oversee regular maintenance of organ, pianos and other instruments including repair, tuning, etc. Oversee care of worship and choir vestments.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and attend other meetings, Church Council meeting, as requested.
• Maintain the music library.
• Minimum B.A. in Music or Choir Conduction
• 3-5 years of experience in choral direction in a Christian environment.
• Experience in conducting 25 piece orchestra.
• Proficiency in organ, piano, or other instruments or vocal.
• Successful criminal background check for Safe Sanctuaries policy and abide by North Georgia United Methodist Church Sexual Ethics Standards.
• Master’s Degree in Music or Choir Conduction
• Strong vocal soloist
• Must practice a vital Christian faith, understand Wesleyan theology and live an orthodox practice of faith.
• Must feel called by God to the ministry of music and feel led to grow the congregation’s ability to sing the songs of faith and to worship God.
• Must be creative, collaborative, energetic, and able to work with others in a loving, Christ-centered environment.
• Must be able to recruit, direct, educate choir and other music volunteers to enhance their music experience and their relationship with God
• Must demonstrate leadership and strong organizational skills
• Must possess the interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group of people within the church (staff, congregation, etc.)
Salary and Benefits:
• Full-time position (40+ per week)
• Salary is negotiable and will be based upon applicant’s experience and ability to fulfill the functions and skills listed.
• Other benefits include: Health insurance, pension, continuing education, professional memberships allowance, paid time off (vacation and sick) through accrued time in job
Application Package Requirements Contents:
• Cover Letter
• Detailed resume
• List of references, both professional and personal (3 required)
• Two video recordings of choral direction
• One video recording of instrument performance (organ, piano, or other)
Submit application to [email protected]
Contact: Reverend Mike Cash
Address: 1330 monte Sano Avenue, Augusta, Ga 30904