Job Title: Director of Music Ministries (part-time, ave. 20 hrs/wk)
Organization Name: Trinity United Methodist Church (Annapolis, MD)
Organization Website: trinityannapolis.com
Salary Range: $20,000-25,000(commensurate with experience)
Music is an essential aspect of any worship experience. It is an extraordinary component of weekly worship, special services and spiritual growth. Trinity is an active faith community that is over 100 years old, located just outside the center of Annapolis on West Street. We are seeking a vibrant, dynamic professional to create a music environment that will inspire and uplift our church community, as well as help attract and retain new members. This is a part time position for an experienced music director and collaborator of all things music in the church.
- A demonstrated love and commitment to Jesus Christ and His church, as evidenced by continual spiritual growth and Christ-like character
- Graduation from a four-year accredited college or university with a major in musical arts or education, music-related studies, theology, religious studies or similar religious or musical background and experience commensurate with the position
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience as Music Director/Minister of Music leading faith-based, public or non-profit institutions or groups
- Must have excellent leadership, collaboration, and teaching skills. Innovative.
- Excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven team player. Previous experience working with church staff, lay leadership and volunteers is a must
- Possess skills in instrumental music, hand bells, vocal music, a working knowledge of a variety of musical instruments, and the ability to direct others with those skills
- Have a passion for music education and the ability to coordinate activities and work with a variety of groups and ages in the music ministry
- Experience leading special music events (Christmas/Easter services, Memorial services, etc.)
- Ability and experience in fully leading rehearsals and/or music presentations without assistance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the congregation and the church community skillfully, in singing and making music, welcoming people into God’s presence.
- Be fully responsible for coordinating and strengthening all music programs and ensembles at the Church. Direct the following groups: Chancel Choir, Bell Choir, Children’s Choir and Joyful Voices.
- Design creative music experiences to complement worship services in close collaboration with the Pastor, which resonate across generations and artistic styles.
- Propose and manage the music budget for new sheet music, organ and piano maintenance and other required expenditures. Organize and maintain a central filing system for music. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of music department materials and equipment.
- Strive to expand the position of the Church and its musical talents as a spiritual and musical hub in the surrounding community.
- Coordinate the inclusion of special music that supports and enhances worship experiences.
- Work closely with and be accountable to the Pastor. Supervise and assist the Organist/Pianist in his/her efforts.
- Collaborate with the Worship Committee and Pastor to lead, inspire and grow the music talents of Trinity. Serve as an official member of the Worship Committee.
- Maintain healthy working and personal relationships with all church musicians, staff, and lay leadership.
Vacation, holidays, personal days and sick days are pro-rated according to length of employment. Health benefits are not included.
Please submit Resume with references (and audio of any past performances, if desired) to [email protected] no later than Sunday, July 15, @ 5pm.