Co-Lead Pastor of Community Life & Worship
Background: A year of strategic reflection led us to a clear and fresh purpose: UCC Medfield exists to Love Like Jesus. Our next task was to align our organizational structure to that purpose statement. A key element of this change is transitioning from a Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor leadership model to a shared leadership model with two Co-Lead Pastors. Both Lead Pastors will cast vision and direction across all ministry areas, while each Lead Pastor will be primarily responsible for two of our four ministry departments – one for Community Life and Worship (Open Position) and the other for Missions and Education (filled position).
• Lead, inspire, and help grow UCC Medfield and guide the congregation to deepen their faith and their relationship with God.
• Work in close collaboration with the Lead Pastor of Education and Missions to lead and further the overall mission and purpose of UCC Medfield.
• Lead and provide vision and inspiration to all aspects of our Worship Ministry. Lead Sunday Worship and special services, develop and deliver sermons. Work closely with the Director of Worship Arts (who reports into this role) to create meaningful, inspiring and engaging worship services and incorporate related music, artistic, visual and digital elements This includes in person and digital worship delivery.
• Lead and provide vision and direction to all aspects of our Community Life Ministry. Grow the church through community outreach and creative ways to engage visitors. Lead the existing life group program and look for ways to expand it (ex., bible studies, community groups, women’s ministry). This includes the implementation and communication methods for life group programs and evaluation of these programs.
• Provide pastoral care for members of the congregation, support individuals as they need assistance for their spiritual, mental, physical or financial well-being.
• Participate in Church governance, including the Church Board, Administration & Operations, and Human Resources. Work closely with the Deacon Team ministry. Co-Supervise the Church Manager.
Education and Experience:
Seminary or theological degree required. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus. Ordained minister status required.
Years of experience: 8–10 years of experience in a Pastoral role or Director level role for one or more functions at a church.
For a detailed job description and more information on applying, including our application, please visit the Pastoral Search page at https://www.uccmedfield.org.
Please send our application (not churchjobfinder app) to [email protected]
About United Church of Christ Medfield, MA
Please see our Church Profile and other information on our Shared Leadership Model on our pastoral search website.
We're glad that you are curious about who we are and we hope that you find our website a helpful tool as you explore our community. The United Church of Christ in Medfield is rooted in the Trinitarian-Congregational tradition. We recite the Apostle's Creed as a way of professing our faith with not only our present community, but also with the global, historic community of the Christian faith.
As a loving and caring faith community, we recognize that we are one body in Christ and as such, we welcome and respect equally all people of any race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, social or economic status, age or faith background.
Here you will find a community of individuals with diverse backgrounds and beliefs doing our best to practice the teachings of Jesus as we understand them. You are invited to join us as we learn to love like Jesus by loving God and loving others.