PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide support for the ministry, mission and programs of Valley Brook Community Church by developing and managing procedures for the smooth, efficient operation of church administration and ministry operations.
1. Develops procedures for and manages all administrative and office operations that will support the healthy functioning of the church ministry.
2. Creates materials, develops procedures and manages all communication between groups in the church to assure smooth flow of information.
3. Seeks to understand the volunteer ministry needs of the elders, deacons, ministry coordinators and other volunteers in order to develop systems, do research for and solve problems to provide maximum support.
4. Provides administrative assistant to the Senior Pastor, and other pastoral staff as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Represents Valley Brook Community Church to community associations, business contacts, vendors and those seeking information about the ministry.
2. Support specific church events by assisting with planning and providing on-site and post-event assistance as needed, or by assigning a volunteer to provide such assistance.
3. Facilitate intra-church communication by participating at various committee and/or staff meetings, maintaining a master calendar, maintaining church directory, and using various church media.
1. The Church Administrator is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor.
1. Supervises all office volunteers.
2. Ensures compliance with approved operational policies and procedures by the leadership, congregation and community.
1. Create and produces weekly communication materials including Sunday bulletin, announcement sheets, fliers, emails, etc.
2. Create and manages all file systems for the church, including corporate, personnel, vendors and others as needed.
3. Negotiate church and office vendor contracts for equipment and other services necessary for the operation of the church.
4. Manage entry keys to the facility, member usage of fellowship center, and church rentals.
5. Answer phones, greet visitors, manage mail.
6. Create or coordinate with vendor(s) to create materials to promote the church to the community.
7. Maintain church database that tracks membership, visitors, vendors and other contacts in such a way to create lists and reports as necessary.
8. Answers questions and/or meet with ministry coordinators and other leadership for problem-solving and support.
9. Administrative duties in support of the Senior Pastor such as drafting of letters, making phone calls, doing research.
Required Skills: Leadership experience, ability to evaluate and negotiate business contracts, ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing, superior customer service and interpersonal skills, facility management experience and knowledge is desirable. Computer software skills including Microsoft Word, QuickBooks, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Excel. Ministry-focus helpful. Discretion and maturity when dealing with sensitive and private member matters a must.
Education: 3 to 5 years office and administrative experience. Office software certifications a plus.
TYPE OF POSITION:
• Part-time, hourly position, 20 to 30 hours per week.
• Work schedule is flexible as long as regular office hours are kept as advertised to the congregation and community.
About Valley Brook Community Church
We, the members of Valley Brook Community Church, purpose to: Know Jesus Christ better; Understand and experience the grace of God, and as a result, grow in Christ-like love for others; Authentically share our lives with one another; Serve one another, each in our own unique, God-given way; Be a diverse congregation; Make our music diverse and our worship whole-hearted; and Reach out to others with the attitude that we are as needy of Christ and undeserving of Him as anyone else.