The National Parent Life Specialist will drive and lead the direction of Parent Life ministries for all of YFC/USA.
Essential Job Duties
- Abide to pursue an ongoing, deep, authentic connection to Jesus Christ.
- Abide to model what it means to always invite Christ to be the central power source for ministry
Direct Ministry Involvement
- To intentionally connect with lost youth
- To discover new, relevant ministry practices
- To model healthy ministry.
- Raise personal support dollars
- Listen to and wait on God’s Spirit
- Receive His vision for YFC/USA Parent Life Ministry
- Pray with and consult trusted team members
- Persuasively communicate the vision to various stake holders including field staff, national teams, boards and partner ministries
- Continue to communicate the Parent Life Ministry to the NSC and YFCI
- Lead Growth Initiative for Parent Life Ministry
- Champion the 5 ESSENTIALS
- Learn through successful ministry people about how to more effectively connect with lost youth through Parent Life Ministry
- Learn through books, articles, and conferences about how to more effectively connect and serve lost youth through Parent Life Ministry
- Strive to become an expert in understanding of the Parent Life system
- Learn from successful sister organizations by partnering with their best ministries (Young Life, Church, etc.)
- Excellent Parent Life Ministry ideas and best practices every year
- Excellent youth leadership ideas and meetings every year.
- Excellent, relevant nuggets of information through internal staff communications.
- Excellent publications, information and apparel to enhance unity.
- Attend regional and national Parent Life ministry events in order to connect with staff and serve them
- Participate in the life of the national movement through influencing and serving the NSC (on advisement by the supervisor)
- Strive to stay connected with the field staff through phone calls, email, and social media
- Guide the state of Parent Life Ministry through the best Parent Life Ministry Directors
- Equip best Parent Life Ministry Directors to build more teams of excellent Parent Life Ministry Directors in each region
- Provide leadership opportunities for excellent Parent Life Directors
- Identify new young Parent Life ministry directors to empower as future leaders
- Provide excellent mentors for young leaders
- Provide young leaders with leadership opportunities
- Grow young leaders to influence the future of Parent Life Ministry
Education & Experience
- College Degree required
- Direct teen parent ministry experience preferred, but will consider all relevant experience
- Budget management
- Average 5-10 days per month
How to Apply
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Please review the full job posting and apply directly at www.yfc.net/jobs > Parent Life > National Parent Life Specialist or click: YFC USA National Parent Life Specialist
About Youth For Christ USA
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ, and commitment to social involvement.
Every day at thousands of community centers, high schools, middle schools, juvenile institutions, coffee shops, and local hangouts, YFC staff and volunteers meet with young people who need Jesus. Our focus as a movement is on multiplying fruitful and sustainable ministry sites across the nation and around the world.