The Accounting Assistant is responsible for posting business transactions, processing invoices, verifying financial data for use in maintaining accounting records, and providing other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization. Generous paid time off policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adheres to the Summit International School of Ministry Statement of Faith.
- Actively participates in staff and/or departmental devotions, including but not limited to, worship, speaking, discussion, and prayer.
- Clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures.
- Obtains proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
- Assembles invoices to be completed for payment.
- Verifies and calculates all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable).
- Reviews invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
- Maintains vendor files for previous payments.
- Prepares vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, receipts, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares periodic reports and other records.
- Assists in recording cash receipts.
- Makes bank deposits.
- Maintains contributors accounts for tax purposes.
- Maintains and reconciles petty cash including dispersing of funds, proper expensing, and reconciliations.
- Assists Controller with general ledger maintenance and reconciliation.
- Assists Finance personnel with maintaining student accounts.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by administration.
- General knowledge of PushPay giving software
- Experience using Abilia/MIP accounting software
- Minimum education: Associate's degree in Accounting or commensurate experience
Salary & Benefits
- Health care
- Possibility of on-campus housing
- generous paid time off
Can be done remote?
Summit International School of Ministry exists to train men and women for ministry through a transformative relationship with Jesus Christ. At Summit we define ministry as living for the benefit of others. Our hope is to influence a generation that is inspired to give back, a generation trained, transformed and equipped to make disciples for Jesus Christ.