The Administrative Assistant is responsible for working closely with the Lead Pastor, other staff, and volunteer leaders to support the overall ministry of the church. Under the direction of the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor, he/she will attend to a wide variety of responsibilities, including general office management, and church communication. He/she will serve as the primary representative of the church for those who contact or come into the office. With a prayerful posture and humble dependence on the Holy Spirit, he/she will strive to honor Christ and serve his church.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Attend church events, be active in a small group, and be a faithful member.
- Work closely with others to further the vision and mission of the church.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly finance meetings, the annual members’ meeting, and other special meetings, preparing agendas and recording minutes as directed. Maintain a file with all meeting minutes.
- Manage and distribute the church calendar, seeing to it that all events and meetings are included. Coordinate building usage requests.
- Maintain an accurate database of members, visitors, and former members.
- Coordinate with vendors (e.g., janitorial services, lawn care and pest companies, safety and health inspectors).
- Help coordinate funerals, weddings, Events,Leadership Trainings and other activities.
- Answer emails, phone calls, and other communication received by the church. Answer the door during office hours. Pass along relevant information to the appropriate parties.
- Send emails, write letters, and make phone calls on behalf of the church.
- Provide up-to-date info regarding upcoming events and announcements (e.g., printed materials, email newsletters, electronic sign, website, social media).
- Weekly: Collect, record, and deposit all monetary offerings. Create a simplified financial summary. Run payroll (bi-weekly).
- Monthly: Create payroll and finance reports, perform bank reconciliation, make tax payments (EFTPS), and complete IRS form 941 (quarterly).
- Annually: Create and distribute contribution statements, compose payroll reports, perform 941 and W-3 reconciliation, generate 1099’s and W-2’s, verify poster compliance, file Tangible Property Tax report, renew corporation license, submit OSHA form 300a, run workers’ comp audit, and complete annual church profile.
- Provide general ministry support to church leadership.
- Make copies, create documents, secure supplies, organize resources, and gather information as requested by church leadership.
Prior experience in the field is a plus, but it is not required.
- A heart for people and for developing Christ-centered relationships.
- A friendly and professional demeanor, a hospitable and humble spirit, and a kind, compassionate, and caring heart.
- A commitment to excellence, personal growth, and teamwork.
- Experience in an administrative, preferably with a church or other non-profit Christian organization.
- Familiarity with office (e.g., Microsoft Office,Tithely) and church management software (e.g., Planning Center) is a plus.
- General comfortability with office equipment and technology.
- Capacity to multitask, take initiative, be patient, and attend to details.
- Be a committed follower of Christ, growing in holiness and Christlikeness.
- Be (or become) a faithful member of OCF, affirming our Statement of Faith, Constitution, and Bylaws.
Salary & Benefits
$29,000 - $30,000
Can be done remote?
To create an environment, where people do life together, lead others to Christ and help them discover their purpose, so as to generously serve others.
To connect people to their life’s purpose by connecting them to God.