Campus Pastor at Lee's Summit Campus
Summary of Position
The Lee’s Summit (LS) Campus Pastor will work under the direction of the Lead Pastor, aligning the campus ministries with the mission and vision of Connection Point Church and the Baptist core beliefs. The Campus Pastor will be responsible for implementation of all ministries at the LS Campus, growing and empowering the members to carry our mission of connecting people to Jesus, one another, and God’s purpose for their life. The Lead Pastor preaches live or by stream to this campus with the Campus Pastor preaching live on campus up to 12 times a year based on spiritual gifts and need. The Lee's Summit Campus is a satellite campus with membership of 275.
Top Five Expectations
- Leader who is also a team player Be a full participant in the pastoral lead meetings, helping to create ministry initiatives to support God’s plan for Connection Point, then effectively communicate and execute that ministry programming at the LS Campus.
- Passion and calling to leading and growing discipleship Execute Connection Point’s plan for discipleship, including pathways for new people, adults, and young families at the LS Campus. Able to monitor, track, and evaluate next steps and other key measures of success.
- Passion for community outreach and evangelism Execute Connection Point’s plan for community outreach, identify unique ways to reach the LS community, and mobilize the body of believers to spread the gospel and serve.
- Building relationships and therefore trust Build relationships that promote a feeling of community and unity within the body of believers at the LS Campus, ensuring people feel welcome and a sense of belonging. Shepherd the people at LS Campus, which includes assigned preaching responsibility as coordinated with the Lead Pastor.
- Ability to lead and execute programming for all the LS Campus ministries (infants-seniors, Bible study, music, outreach, discipleship) Able to cultivate engagement and participation at all levels as well as recruit and train volunteers.
Additional Skills and Responsibilities
Modeling Biblical Priorities
- Meet the requirements as laid out in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Commit to a regular quiet time with God and His Word.
- Participate in supporting small groups on a regular basis.
- Set appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Support the ministries of church by faithfully giving at least 10% of income.
- Adhere to and encompass the qualities and characteristics required of church employees as defined by the staff handbook.
Recruiting and Supervision
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers for leadership in LS Campus ministries.
- Create and implement training for volunteers in ministry.
- Supervise LS campus staff and meet with them regularly to facilitate and mentor spiritual and professional growth for each individual.
- Responsible for ensuring that all worship experience are executed with high quality.
- Deliver relevant, biblical message when called upon.
- Teach and lead in small, medium and large group settings.
- Plan and execute worship and other creative elements to complement the teaching in each ministry environment.
- Effectively teach biblical and theological truths in a practical, tangible, and convicting way.
- Provide opportunities for growth to happen for staff and members at LS Campus.
- Measure success according to steps of faith taken by individual members.
- Fulfill other pastoral/administrative duties (wedding, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, counseling).
- Perform tasks which might not be considered part of the normal job description assigned that develop and support LS Campus to fulfill the mission and vision of Connection Point Church.
- Naturally develop positive personal relationships with volunteer leaders, church members, and church staff.
- Intentionally build a presence in the Lee’s Summit community through missional efforts.
- Foster a reputation that Connection Point is a church that loves our city and is welcoming to the community.
- Pastor care of members, including prayer, hospital visitation, counsel, etc.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Must be in Bible or theology if no seminary degree. A Bachelor’s degree with Master’s degree in Bible or theology preferred.
Experience: Served in a church pastoral role for three years preferred, signifi cant ministry experience required. 3-5 years church leadership experience preferred.
Theology: Agree with doctrinal statement of the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
Authentic Spiritual Life: The most important qualification is your walk with Jesus. We desire a Campus Pastor who is deeply in love with God and passionate about following Jesus.
Salary & Benefits