Children's Minister (Birth -6th Grade)
The Children's Minister is commissioned by the elders to lead the church’s ministry to children. The purpose of this position is to transform children to Christ-likeness.
It is essential that this person not only be qualified and gifted in the needed ministry skills, but also be a Christian in the New Testament sense and show the fruit of the Spirit in his/her life. It is also important that this person be able to whole-heartedly accept the mission statement of Maple Avenue Christian Church (transforming people to Christ-likeness) and apply it to his/her duties on the job so the church can be aided to achieve her goals.
Specific Ministry Responsibilities:
The Children's Minister is to ensure that the MACC ministry for children is grounded in and committed to each of the following core values:
- Created to worship God
- Commissioned to seek lost people
- Challenged to grow in Christ
- Called to care for one another
- Commanded to be whole-life stewards
- Cultivated to live a life of prayer
- Crafted to serve one another
- The Children's Minister will oversee many and varied administrative tasks, including:
- Develop a team leadership approach, which causes other leaders to work cooperatively with one another in the recruitment, training, and implementation of ministry goals.
- Oversee planning the budget and the expenditures of funds in the area of children’s ministry.
- Appropriately communicating activities, dates, plans, etc. to all necessary people. This includes events such as but not limited too:
- Christian Service Camps
- Children’s Worship
- Sunday School
- Mid-week ministry
- After school events
- Community outreach
- Keep necessary records of all programs for the purpose of regular evaluation.
- Ensure that all supplies, materials, equipment, facilities, etc. are kept on hand and in usable condition for all children’s ministries.
- Pass along items for agenda to the senior minister for the weekly staff meetings and for bi-weekly (or special sessions) elders meetings.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- He/she shall report important issues in Children ministries to the senior minister and/or elders (or as requested).
- He/she is expected to engage in workshops, classes, and reading that will keep him/her aware of new resources and ideas for ministry.
- He/she shall make ministerial shepherding calls in coordination with other staff (e.g. hospital, new members, evangelism, pastoral, etc.), especially as related to children.
- He/she shall fulfill additional responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with the elders and/or senior minister.
- He/she is expected to strive for excellence in personal and pastoral responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits
$40,000 - $45,000
Can be done remote?
"Transforming People to Christ-likeness" is what we are all about here at Maple Avenue Christian Church! MACC is located just a hundred yards from Macomb’s Jr. & Sr. High School with a new Jr. High being built directly behind our property! Being the home of Western Illinois University, Macomb is unique in its cultural diversity for a mid-west town. We currently have worshippers from metropolitan, suburban, and rural areas as well as from a variety of countries. We are near completion of building a multipurpose area for afterschool activities as well as overall church use and Sunday morning worship. Interested applicants should be interested in developing real relationships with all people or as we say here, “Transforming People to Christ-likeness.”