Children's Pastor/ Director
Thanks for checking out our job posting. I am the Youth Pastor here at Cedarbrook and am really excited to help hire our next children's Pastor or Director. I am leading a team of part-time Children's Ministry Staff and volunteers, as a part of our hiring team. We have a thriving Children's Ministry and are looking for the right man or woman to help lead this ministry into the future. Promiseland is kid focused, with an emphasis helping children take their next step in following Jesus. We are looking for a person who passionately loves Jesus, loves children, and is a creative communicator. Title of Pastor or Director will be determined on ministry experience and in correlation with our theological beliefs.
- Provide overall leadership, vision, and direction for the children’s ministry.
- Manage, equip, and support children’s ministry team leaders and volunteers.
- Craft and disseminate ministry-wide curriculum to support this vision.
- Website content (refresh throughout the year)
- Videos and/or written messages to parents / kids / volunteers (social media)
- Teach regularly in front of children in pre-k through 5th grade.
- Be the face of the Ministry.
LEADERSHIP / MEETINGS
- Facilitate team huddles before Service (updates, devotionals, training, team-building, etc.)
- Meet weekly w/Pastoral Staff
- Meet weekly w/Assistant Director, Materials Manager
- Prepare and facilitate ministry team trainings – approx. 1 per team (3x a year)
- Make online orders
- Complete monthly budget reports
- Craft annual budget proposals for the whole ministry
- Monitor spending and maintain budget.
- Must fully embrace the Beliefs, the Statement of Faith, and the Purpose Statement of Cedarbrook Community Church. Link: https://www.cedarbrook.org/our-beliefs
- We would love applicants to have an Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution in ministry, Child Development, or other related field is preferred; and/or work experience in children's ministry.
Salary & Benefits
$50,000 - $80,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
- Phone Stipend
- Paid Time off
- Money for Conferences
Can be done remote?
Cedarbrook began thirty-two years ago as a seeker-targeted church in the Maryland suburbs of Washington D.C. Their Sunday morning home for the first decade was in a rented community theater.
On the other side of the theater was a neighborhood swimming pool – an enormous baptistry where many unforgettable “pool parties” were held in the early years as scores of individuals were baptized after finding a relationship with Jesus.
In 2000, they moved into the current location on 15 acres in Clarksburg, MD. What followed was a significant transition. In Sunday services, the drama was replaced by an emphasis on worship. And while the music was still contemporary, new liturgical elements were added to enhance the worship experience. They embraced reaching people for Christ as fervently as ever, with a new desire to be the hands and feet of Jesus for those in need. The vision was to be known as “that church that helps people” and in significant ways, that vision is now a reality.
The team of seventeen that began Cedarbrook three decades ago has grown into a post-Covid church of more than 1100 people. Today, Clarksburg, MD, is one of the most diverse communities in the nation. While they remain deeply committed to making disciples who make disciples, and helping those in need, today the vision is also to reflect the rich ethnic diversity of the community that Cedarbrook Community Church calls home.