The role of a Communications Director is responsible for developing effective messaging and communication strategies. They must create and oversee the creation of promotional and informative materials. They will work with all forms of media, including print, digital, social media, and web.
- Proactively develop strategies to clarify and communicate the weekly messaging of the church, in partnership with leadership and ministry leaders.
- Develop systems to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to CCCM.
- Oversee all print and digital materials related to promotions, ensuring they are executed with excellence.
Digital Communication & Social Media
- Lead all efforts related to the creation, strategy, and execution of CCCM’s digital communication channels.
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor and Worship Director on the strategy and execution of the weekly livestream.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram.
- Plan, implement and monitor our social media strategy in order to increase church awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase attendance.
- Oversee social media messaging and communication strategies.
- Lead messaging and strategy for social media advertising campaigns.
- Oversee both the posting and responding to messages and comments on CCCM’s social media profiles.
- Oversee, give input and feedback on the creative direction of any potential medial projects (graphic design, photography, videography)
- Manage all aspects of CCCM’s communication channels including website, social media outlets, electronic communications and print media.
Design & Brand Management
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
- Network with contract and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
- Monitor the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing CCCM.
- Monitor the use of logos and images that represent CCCM.
- Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteer teams to accomplish communication goals.
- Recruit, engage and manage all photographers, videographers, and video production vendors/freelancers.
- Cultivate and lead a team of communication ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, etc).
- Attend Leadership Team meetings to gain knowledge of church activities and culture.
- Create positive relationships with local media.
- Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Degree in communications, media or related field, or at least 2-4 years experience in communications.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Express.
- Experience in working and relating to unchurched people and outreach activities desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately.
Salary & Benefits
$60,000 - $65,000
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
About Christ Community Church of Milpitas Church
We are disciple-makers reaching out the community for Christ.
Each part of the Bay Area seems to have its own localized flavor. Perhaps more than any other feature, what makes the Milpitas area special is its incredible diversity. It's literally composed of people from all over the world. And so is Christ Community Church.
The book of Revelation tells us that one day God will assemble His people from "every tribe and language and people and nation" (Rev 5:9). We like to think that our church is a small reflection of that beautiful tapestry that God will one day weave from all nations. We see our unified diversity as a church both as a blessing and a calling.
Together we offer living testimony to how very different people can love one another. And together we more effectively proclaim the love of God to a very diverse area. For over 50 years Christ Community Church has been strongly committed to Jesus Christ, the Holy Scriptures, and Jesus' mission to proclaim God's love to all people. That's who we are.