Director of Administration
Job Title: Director of Administration
Employment Status: Exempt (Salary, FT)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Lighthouse Christian Church (LCC) is seeking a full-time professional who will oversee smooth functioning of the Lighthouse church office and the Lighthouse Center for our non-denominational, multigenerational (predominantly Asian American) church in Bellevue, Washington. The right candidate must model Christ-like character with a strong commitment to loving people. A positive attitude, effective interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- A mature relationship with Jesus Christ that is clearly exhibited in the applicant’s life
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be well-organized with high quality standards and expectations
- Self-motivates, able to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and accuracy in recordkeeping
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Payroll is preferred
- Comfortable in using Word, Excel, Publisher and Google Workspace
- Some college education is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of administration/office management experience is preferred.
- Must pass a background check
The Director of Administration:
- Will report to the Lead Pastor, participate weekly in Sunday worship services, weekly staff meetings, weekly prayer meetings, two semi-annual staff retreats and other occasional gatherings as required by the lead pastor.
- Will hold an active LCC membership and participate in bi-monthly member meetings.
- Will practice and uphold LCC Staff Core Values
- Will make a two-year commitment to employment at LCC.
- Process tithes and offering
- Initiate process of reimbursements for staff & volunteers
- Support accounting firm as necessary
- Oversee operations of Lighthouse office and Lighthouse Center
- Maintain Lighthouse Center facilities requests
- Manage storage unit and truck/trailer maintenance
Policy and Procedure
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Facilitate employee onboarding and offboarding
- Provide timesheets and payroll related documents to accounting firm
- Assist Lead and Executive Pastor in the hiring process, as needed (schedule interviews, provide information to candidates, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date policies and procedures
- Manage Lighthouse contracts and agreement process
- Submit compliance reporting and quarterly retirement payments to investment firm
- Manage church, properties and events insurance coverage
- Manage staff medical/dental insurance coverage
- Submit 501c filings as necessary
- Provide administrative support to the Pastors.
- Respond to general email, Connect Card, and phone inquiries
- Manage Brivo (ADT) key card system
- Manage Breeze CHMS
- Maintain Church Calendar
- Maintain Membership Roster
- Maintain office support equipment (copy machines, etc.)
- Manage IT support and troubleshooting
- Assist in weekly communications as needed (online, flyers, Planning Center Online, prayer requests)
- Secure venue, food, and volunteers for events and church gatherings
- Maintain kitchen, office, and church supplies, water delivery
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Competitive salary starting at $50,000 per year or higher, depending on experience and qualifications
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Vacation, sick leave, paid holidays
- Retirement plan provisions as outlined in the LCC Employee Policy Manual
- Allowance for continuing education and ministry expenses
- Relocation assistance provided
About Lighthouse Christian Church:
Website - https://lighthousechristian.church/
- Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a curriculum vitae in PDF form
- include three references
- Please use “Attention: Director of Administration Search” as the subject line of your email.
Salary & Benefits
- Health care
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
About Lighthouse Christian Church Church
Lighthouse Christian Church was planted in 2001 by Faith Bible Church in Seattle, WA, with a desire to reach people for Jesus on the Eastside (Bellevue, Washington area). With an average attendance of about 400-500 (including children) on an average Sunday (pre-Covid), Lighthouse is a diverse community of people of all ages.
We understand that many people today long for a deeper experience of the spiritual dimension of life for themselves and for their families. We're growing closer to God and becoming a community in which God's grace and truth inform and enrich all of life through vibrant worship, practical biblical teaching and caring relationships.
Our mission is, "To share God's grace and truth so that people come to know, love and serve Jesus Christ." Our vision is, "We want God to be seen, we want people to feel loved, and we want lives to be changed into the likeness of Jesus." We're a come-as-you-are kind of church where God's love, acceptance and forgiveness can be found. Together we're discovering that those who follow Jesus need no longer walk in darkness, for they have the light of life. (John 8:12)