Director of Worship & Outreach
1. Work with the senior pastor to plan music for worship services that engages the congregation and supports the message for that service.
2. Organize and lead music for worship services and special services.
3. Direct the praise team, band, and choir in practices and worship services.
4. Oversee the audio and visual ministry (sound booth, presentation software, etc.).
5. Actively recruit and train worship, audio, and visual volunteers.
6. Direct 1-2 musicals each year.
7. Prepare an annual budget for needs of music and outreach ministries.
8. Lead the community outreach efforts of FBC Oxford.
9. Train and equip volunteers to participate in community outreach.
10. Follow up with visitors to campus events and services.
11. Actively participate in the life and ministry of FBC Oxford.
1. Must be passionate about evangelism.
2. Must be passionate about discipleship and invested in his/her own spiritual growth through personal Bible study, prayer, serving, etc.
3. Must be capable of speaking the truth in love (Eph. 4:15) and not be prone to arguments, disputes, divisions, and anger. He/she should excel at reconciliation, patience, and peace making.
4. Must align with the vision and mission of FBCO (see church website) and with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
5. Must be willing to partner with the senior pastor in prayer, vision, and evangelism.
6. Must be a positive team player, not just in worship and outreach ministry, but as a part of the larger staff and leadership team.
7. Must be willing to assist in additional areas not mentioned below, as needed by the senior pastor and church body.
8. Must be musically proficient (understands music and has the ability to lead in singing or by playing an instrument).
Salary & Benefits
$48,000 - $50,000
- Vacation days
Can be done remote?
FBCO's mission is to encourage believers to grow into a deeper relationship with the Lord, and to share the clear and simple message of salvation with our community and the world. That means every ministry, event, and activity is focused on sharing the gospel and/or discipling believers.
We are located in a growing area, with new homes and apartments regularly being built for families and retirees. This population growth brings great gospel opportunities with it. We are looking for a passionate follower of Christ who will join our gospel-focused team to reach Sumter County for Christ.