Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
· Develop, implement and evaluate and worship experience of youth in grades 9 through 12.
· Encourage and enhance the spiritual development of all youth.
· Research, coordinate and implement innovative strategy for youth discipleship program, including curriculum development.
· Develop creative activities to stimulate youth participation to increase overall youth population.
· Create a positive youth culture that fosters strong social bonds between youth, which nurtures an environment of achievement through “personal excellence.”
· Attend extracurricular activities in the community and at schools to support youth who are engaged in ministry programs.
· Provide ongoing opportunities for youth to exercise spiritual gifts by including them in ministry service programming.
· Recruit, train and motivate ministry volunteers to maintain enough staff to execute youth ministry programming with excellence.
· Commit to open dialogue with parents and the community to engage universal support of all youth programming.
Young Adult Ministry
· Develop, implement and evaluate and worship experience of young adults ages 18 to 30.
· Investigate and implement a relevant, stimulating model to disciple young adults.
· Create an inviting environment where young adults are encouraged to actively serve and participate in all aspects of church life using their spiritual and natural gifts.
· Disciple and train a leadership team of young adults.
· Engage young adults through fellowship events and social activities.
· Provide counseling and spiritual direction as needed or requested.
· Develop ongoing campus ministry opportunities at Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University, and local community colleges to maximize efforts to recruit students to become active at Pilgrim Rest.
· Seek opportunities for ministry outreach with local sports franchises (Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Phoenix Coyotes).
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field, although a degree in Theology or Christian Education is preferred. A master’s degree in Theology or Christian Education is desired.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of staff experience with an established church (greater than 500 members) working in the capacity of Youth or Young Adult Minister, Director of Youth Ministries, or Youth and Young Adult Ministry Leader. A minimum of three years of experience working in an environment where trust and confidentiality are essential is a must. Counseling experience is desired and considered a strong asset.
Qualifications: The Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries must be a spiritually mature person and must demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit. The DYYAM must possess a strong Biblical background and capacity to develop well-organized, doctrinally sound lessons. Excellent public speaking ability is vital, and the DYYAM must present him/herself as a positive role model in all settings. The DYYAM must appeal to youth of all ages and have a heart for young people. The ability to work with a team and to work independently is a must. Strong organizational skills in addition to good writing skills are very important. The ability to establish and manage the budgetary needs of the Youth and Young Adult Ministry is essential. The DYYAM must have general computer and social media skills including the ability to access the Internet and use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media and database software applications.
Salary & Benefits
$55,000 - $65,000
Can be done remote?
Our mission is to bring souls to Christ by addressing the spiritual and natural needs of men, women and children through thought-provoking, spirit-filled and inspiring ministries that immediately impact the life of the whole person. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we will achieve this mission through a faithful, humble, servant-oriented, trained leadership staff sensitive to the concerns of the congregation and the community for the edifying of the Body of Christ.